So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first AG in my new mash tun. Making a rye pale ale

7 lbs 2-row american pale ale
2 lbs rye malt
1 lbs carared
8 oz crystal malt 90L
8 oz rice hulls

centennial 1.329 oz at 9.4% AA 60 min boil
fuggles 0.9 oz at 5% AA 10 min boil

us-05 dry yeast

can't wait to see how it turns out

If anyone is interested there are swing top bottles of lemonade 1 liter. For sale at big lots for 3 dollars. This is cheaper than empty swing top bottles anywhere else I have found them and you get to drink a soda.

Just put my second batch of home brew into the primary. Bottled my first last week. It is a summer ale. My second is a Pumpkin Spice Porter.

Mashing right now. Hybrid Pale Ale type 'thing'.

11 gallons

15 lb Crisp Marris Otter
5 lb briess wheat malt
1 lb British medium crystal
.5 lb crisp amber
.5 lb American six row (for a little extra conversion)

Hops whole leaf:

90 minutes .5 oz BC Goldings (5.9% AA), .6 oz Magnum (20% AA)
30 minutes .5 oz BC Goldings
15 minutes 1 oz BC Goldings
FO 2 oz BC Goldings

Yeast S-04

OG 1.054 ish, IBU 36ish, SRM 8ish

We'll see. Just trying to use what I have. I haven't used this yeast yet. I hear it's good to keep it around the lower 60's.

Wife and son out running around enjoying the cooler weather. Brewing alone and loving it!

Drinking a Boulevard pale ale.

Couldn't brew this weekend, waiting on some fermenters to become available. Today is going to be big.

Kegging 2 beers
Brewing Nelson clone
Propogating yeast(turning one vial into four)
Maybe I'll brew a milk stout as well to pitch on a cake, but I'll likely wait until Wednesday.

Going to do a farmhouse type beer on Thursday with Wlp670... just a basic 10% wheat, 10% rye, then pale malt... maybe some Munich in there as well.

Just got my Black Wheat into the primary about an hour ago. Missed my OG by a mile and didnt have any DME to make up for it, so now its a nice sessional Black Wheat. Hopefully it will still turn out decent. I think I need to calibrate my thermometer, or work on improving my batch sparging technique. Either way I'll have beer in the keg in 10 days.

Brewed an amber ale today. Breaking in the new fermentation chamber. I am brewing a chipotle blonde Thursday. Then a blonde for a fruit beer. My wife needs to decide what kind of fruit she wants. Im thinking blueberry.

Currently have my closet full with (3) 5 gallon batches, so I need to bottle one or two of those before I can brew again. I am, however, going to a buddy's house to help him brew (getting back into it after a 2-3 year break). Its nice to enjoy the process without having to do any of the cleaning :)

Brewing my cascade/columbus red ale, adjusted for my newfound efficiencies. I have improved my mash extraction by over 15% since I first brewed this one. Might go with a little darker crystal this time.

This weekend will finally be the Belgian Blonde I've been trying to make as well as an English Bitter that I intend to start working on and tweaking.

Stella clone to be brewed Sunday, hopefully. Mixture of my parents in town and my Mother in Law staying the early part of next week.

My lager yeast starter is going so screw it, I will make time (and escape into garage)!

Re-brewing my California Common this weekend. This time tweaking the hop ammounts and using all r/o water with mineral additions instead of bottled spring water. Excited to see how this comes out.

Xpertskir said:
Just dry hopped my chinook, simcoe, Amarillo, citra ipa. An ounce of each.

mmmm, I am doing only half an oz. of each for a dry hop, minus the centennial. But its a 2.5 gallon batch for a test. I can't wait to try it and I hasn't even brewed it yet! Lol

I'm racking and cleaning bottles tonight, bottling tomorrow, and brewing either Grahams cider or giving apfelwein another try and letting it sit for three months this time. Hard lemonade maybe for my girl.

If I can find a good recipe, I'm gonna buy a new bucket and buy the ingrediants for my peach xmas ale tomorrow and brew in the next day or so....

Fermenting good right at 64.2 degrees!! Spiced holiday ale. Starting OG of 1.062 with a target of 1.008.

image-2529943332.jpg

I'm getting my brew on with my Banaynay Split Imperial Stout on Friday or Sunday. I've been volunteered to help my FIL cut up this ginormous tree in the back yard on Saturday. I am so freaking excited about this brew. I'm pretty sure I have it nailed down, but we'll find out in about 4 to 6 months.

racking and bottling this weekend.
racking the rye we brewed a few weeks back
bottling my Oktoberfest (if this one turns out good it may get sent to the Oktoberbest contest in Cincy next month)
putting the Belgium wit in a keg to force carb it (need beer to drink)
who knows if all that goes smoothly I may brew the organic english brown kit i got from 7 bridges...

Brewing a 100% Brett sour blonde ale tonight or tomorrow. Got my bugs, got my grain, got a 4L starter sitting in the fridge ready to decant. I'm all set. Just need to figure out when to brew it.

Brewing my 3rd Fuller's ESB variation batch, 20 minutes into boil now. Going to use a HopRocket to infuse cascade hops into the fermenter instead of dry-hopping.

Gotta finish so I can go to my son's preschool graduation. He played with enough cars and trucks to graduate, apparently.

Competing in my homebrew clubs "Iron Brewer" competition where we are challenged to make weird beers with ingredients and techniques that are out in left field. I'm going with an apple wood smoked cinnamon pomegranate ale fermented with WLP380 hefeweizen IV yeast that I will brew on Saturday!

Back