Let's Talk Playoff Bound Baseball Teams

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
****ty! Enjoy the first round; your boys will be packing up their lockers before you know it.

Yeah, down by the river
Down by the banks of the river Charles (aw, that's what's happenin' baby)
That's where you'll find me
Along with lovers, fuggers, and thieves (aw, but they're cool people)
Well I love that dirty water
Oh, Boston, you're my home (oh, you're the Number One place)

GO SOX!!

Go Cubs Go...Go Cubs Goooo
Hey Chicago Whaddya say, Cubs are gonna win today!!!

:ban:

It was a long miserable slide to the bottom for the Twins

That being said, Go Cubs you have my temporary allegiance. Your fans deserve it

Barry

Boston said:
Yeah, down by the river
Down by the banks of the river Charles (aw, that's what's happenin' baby)
That's where you'll find me
Along with lovers, fuggers, and thieves (aw, but they're cool people)
Well I love that dirty water
Oh, Boston, you're my home (oh, you're the Number One place)

GO SOX!!

+1...:rockin:

Big Al said:
Go Cubs Go...Go Cubs Goooo
Hey Chicago Whaddya say, Cubs are gonna win today!!!

:ban:

I prefer the South Side Irish Anthem. Here is my favorite verse..

''We sing the songs our fathers sang
when they were growing up,
rebel songs of Erin's Isle
in the South Side Irish pubs,
and when it comes to baseball
we have two favorite clubs,
the go-go White Sox
-- and whoever plays the Cubs.''

Go D-Backs! I don't think I have to worry about the Cubs beyond that, but I think the Phillies are a virtual lock for the pennant

rdwj said:
I prefer the South Side Irish Anthem. Here is my favorite verse..

''We sing the songs our fathers sang
when they were growing up,
rebel songs of Erin's Isle
in the South Side Irish pubs,
and when it comes to baseball
we have two favorite clubs,
the go-go White Sox
-- and whoever plays the Cubs.''

:rockin:

My boys are sitting it out this year. That's ok tho, we'll see what we can cook up next year. Im chalking it up to being tired from taking the whole ball of wax last season. :D

I'll be interested in seeing what the Flubbies do, (being married to a fan at least makes it entertaining) but I'm really watching the D-Backs.

It's a whole new season starting Wednesday!

Ize

my team had a major collapse in the month of September. We'll get'em next year. Tonight I'm pulling for San Diego.

Brewtopia said:
my team had a major collapse in the month of September. We'll get'em next year. Tonight I'm pulling for San Diego.

Mets? I was wondering if there were any fans here. Man, that had to sting! It's things like that that make you remember that NO lead is safe.

Jeezus, anyone watching the game in colorado tonight? Brady Clark is having one helluva tough inning out in center field. Sure am glad the Brewers traded him.

Saying the Mets loss stung us is quite the understatement. Luckily everyone was nice enough to not try to talk to me at work today.

the fight'n phils are on a roll - too bad they get to play the best team in baseball - Colorado

RichBrewer said:
The Rockies just did it! :ban:

What a game! They went 14 and 1 to make it into the playoffs. Hottest team in MLB! :mug:

That was one hell of a game, I can barely talk right now, and I got to see it live for $15.

2007-nlds-ticket.JPG

WOO just got tickets for Game 2 of the NLDS to root on my Phillies! It's nosebleed behind the right field foul pole, but I get to be there!

ryser2k said:
2007-nlds-ticket.JPG

WOO just got tickets for Game 2 of the NLDS to root on my Phillies! It's nosebleed behind the right field foul pole, but I get to be there!

Hmm 10-4 Rockies in the 6th. The Phils are getting clobbered. Are you booing along with the the rest of the Phils fans??? I don't understand it, the Phils had one of the most improbable comebacks in the regular season, this giving their fans one helluva ride, and theyre losing in one game and get booed out of the stadium. I swear sometimes Philadelphia fans would boo their own mothers.........

Dangerous NL West teams. Still early but this smells like a very different LCS and WS year.

We were booing Charlie Manuel for taking Kendrick out in the 3rd inning when he knows full well that we have no bullpen depth. And then we were booing Jose Mesa because he should have retired 4 years ago.

Kind of hard to stay in a game after they give up a grand slam though.

But we were behind our offense the entire game, we NEVER booed them.

I was gonna make a crack about the Cubbies showing up to play...

Then I remembered the BoSox sweeping the Birds a couple ago and figured I better shut the #$&* up... :D

I really wish it would have been more of a series tho... Instead I'm sitting here watching the Phils and the Rockies... :drunk:

Ize

Suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

OK, I'm putting this on Piniella.

1. For pulling Z. Yes, I'm gonna blame him for that.
2. For not pulling Lilly earlier than he did.
3. For pitching Rich Hill when Jason Marquis was available. WHen you're already down two games and your pitcher gives up a homer on the FIRST PITCH, you'd better start thinking "Bullpen" and not friggin Mike Hart. Hell, Kerry WOod could have finally given us 5 innings.

Soriano, Ramirez and Lee: Don't you guys like to work in October? My 1 year old got as many hits as Soriano. Hell, the friggin' WHITE SOX got as many post-season hits as Sorryanus.

Boo. Boo boo boo boo boo.

F* that Goat! There is always Next year, guess i can find a new avatar now, didn't seem to help out that much in October.

Cheers

Back