Perlick o-rings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrainer

BeerCzar I am
Reaction score
Does anyone know what size O-Rings are used on the Perlick 425 faucets?

Mine developed a small occasional drip, so far I've been told to replace the O-rings to correct the old unit...

thanks,

I could have sworn I had this somewhere. But I can't seem to find it. I am interested in it as well.

OK let me ask this... are the same o-rings used in a Perlick 525 as are in a 425?

OK a call to Perlick (duh should have done that second) and I learned:

425 faucets use 3 O-Rings 1/2" ID and 1/16 CS (Cross Section)
525 faucets us 2 O-Rings 1/2" ID and 1/16 CS (Cross Section) AND (line disconnected)

Hope this helps someone else...

OK a call to Perlick (duh should have done that second) and I learned:

425 faucets use 3 O-Rings 1/2" ID and 1/16 CS (Cross Section)
525 faucets us 2 O-Rings 1/2" ID and 1/16 CS (Cross Section) AND (line disconnected)

Hope this helps someone else...

So all of the O-Rings are the same then? Based on those specs it would seem that McMaster #9452K58 should fit the bill. Right?

Eric I think so. I'm going up to my local Tru-Value later to look for them.

For the 425 yes all three are the same unit, it's the 525's that have 2 different O-Rings.

I also realize I forgot to put the composition material is... N-7044

Material: O-Ring Composition N-7044 : 70 durometer nitrile, internally lubed with RTD's proprietary organic lubricant
Compound Details: N-7044 70 durometer nitrile, internally lubed with RTD's proprietary organic lubricant
Colors:
Durometers:
Flags: FDA Internally Lubed
Essentially Buna-N available at bLowes or Dome Hepot or Ace or name it...

O-Ring composition compatible with Beer!
http://www.efunda.com/designstandards/oring/oring_chemical.cfm?SM=none&SC=Beer#mat

Eric I think so. I'm going up to my local Tru-Value later to look for them.

For the 425 yes all three are the same unit, it's the 525's that have 2 different O-Rings.

I also realize I forgot to put the composition material is... N-7044

Material: O-Ring Composition N-7044 : 70 durometer nitrile, internally lubed with RTD's proprietary organic lubricant
Compound Details: N-7044 70 durometer nitrile, internally lubed with RTD's proprietary organic lubricant
Colors:
Durometers:
Flags: FDA Internally Lubed
Essentially Buna-N available at bLowes or Dome Hepot or Ace or name it...

O-Ring composition compatible with Beer!
http://www.efunda.com/designstandards/oring/oring_chemical.cfm?SM=none&SC=Beer#mat

Interesting. It would seem like Buna-N or a bunch of other things would work fine. ... FYI size is Dash Number 014.

and since my faucet sprung another leak this time at the shaft seal... I called Perlick and received the following size information:

Perlick 424SS

Shaft O-Ring: Dash 202
ID 1/4" (.234")
CS 1/8" (.139")

and since my faucet sprung another leak this time at the shaft seal... I called Perlick and received the following size information:

Perlick 424SS

Shaft O-Ring: Dash 202
ID 1/4" (.234")
CS 1/8" (.139")

Does anyone know the size for a Perlick 525 internal O-Ring? :confused:

Dash 202 is too small. Anyone needs some for there 425 faucets?

What about the "seat" o-ring (part #3 here)? Does anyone have the dimensions or Mcmaster-Carr part number for that o-ring? I'm planning on making a bulk o-ring purchase but I haven't had any luck finding the dimensions of that particular o-ring.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392763228.923616.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1392763242.035323.jpg
The o-rings are the same on the 400 & 500 series!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

@Brewerforlife: was that an answer to my question about the dimensions or McMaster-Carr part number for the seat o-ring? If so, I don't see that information in the images. Looks like Perlick part numbers.

Your right. I'll find out!! So your looking for the smaller front lever o-rings. I'm gonna be ordering out of my catalog soon!!! How many do you need!! I can hook you up!! pm me if your interested?? Cheers!!!

I have had great luck with a guy from Selkirk, NY that I found on eBay. I got full sets of O-rings for my Perlick 545PC faucets. You can do the paypal thing direct to him. He's fast and cheap. Also does Corny keg O-rings. Go find "anthonysauctions2" on eBay. He's top notch

Since this is the first Google result when searching for Perlick o-ring sizes, I thought I'd toss this out for posterity.

For Perlick 525SS:

Lever o-rings are dash 014, McMaster # 9452K58
Front seal o-rings are dash 204, McMaster # 9452K338

I just reassembled all my 525SS's with these and, at between 10 and 14 PSI, no leaks. The dash 204's do appear smaller than the ones I took out, but the old ones could have been squashed as they were in service for 4 years.

HTH's someone!

Back