Chugger March Madness Promo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the center SS head with the near 1/2 inlet fit on the original green machine? You replaced the 'O' ring with a new seal.

Just got one. No idea how to start hooking it up. I want to get a plate chiller so need to figure out all the connections and hoses I'll need!

brewhardware.com (temporarily closed til tomorrow but their camlock systems are nice). I'm about to place an order with them myself

AGAIN?! I finally convinced the wife that this was a purchase worth making, and I've missed ANOTHER sale? All I want is a freakin' pump! What's with the short term, no warning expiration on these things?!

What's with the short term, no warning expiration on these things?!

:fro:What part of March Madness do you not understand? It's total MADNESS I tell you! :fro:

Seriously though, bummer you missed out on this, but I'm willing to bet that the SS Inline pump will be the next to go on sale. You've got the green light from the wife, so pull the trigger once the sale is posted.

Just wanted to say thank you one more time to Chugger. Ordered Wednesday, and just got email telling me my package had arrived. Super customer service and super shipping.

The new addition to the family :ban::ban::ban::

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

AGAIN?! I finally convinced the wife that this was a purchase worth making, and I've missed ANOTHER sale? All I want is a freakin' pump! What's with the short term, no warning expiration on these things?!

I just purchased one and the coupon code was still working, give it a try. In my case I haven't OK'd it with the wife yet, but didn't want to miss out on this deal :D.

It's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Unfortunately I've tried Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer, and both my Windows and Mac machines. I've sent an email to Chugger directly -- hopefully they can help me resolve it.

EDIT: Agnes at Chugger was able to help me out -- kudos to them for great customer service.

Subbed....Come on inline SS chugger. Daddy needs a new brewstand.

please include the inline stainless. come on big money, no whammy, no whammy.

March madness is like when I was a kid and my sister wouldn't let me get in the car, each time I'd open the door she'd pull away; then when I finally made a running dive to get in she'd slam on the breaks. March madness is funny as long as it's not happing to me!! My SS pump is in the mail,,,,, I hope...:smack:

Just wanted to say thank you one more time to Chugger. Ordered Wednesday, and just got email telling me my package had arrived. Super customer service and super shipping.

The new addition to the family :ban::ban::ban::

This is a center pump and the in-comming fluid port is in the center and the out going is facing up. The center inlet is 3/4" and the out let is 1/2". The in-line is 1/2" in and out. I have an inline and it works great. But others have said the centers are better.

photo%203.JPG

Mike was a huge help to me when I missed out on the all plastic one, steering me to the SS model, which I kind of preferred anyway. Glad I scored two while I could. Now I have to figure out how to justify the purchase to my wife! (I think the "Look how much I saved" should work)
Thanks, Mike and Chugger for the great service and support. Can't wait to put these babies to work.

Waiting to pull the trigger on something in the Stainless Steel arena...

Speaking of pumps, I have a 3 tier, gravity fed system. I want a HIGH QUALITY, Long lasting pump. I have gone through 2 March Pumps in my 20 year brewing career,and I thought I was done with pumps. Yet here I a am looking for another one. Ineed you recommendations for a HIGH QUALITY, long lasting pump for a 15 gallon system. I want to try Whirlpooling wit this pump.

Waiting to pull the trigger on something in the Stainless Steel arena...

Speaking of pumps, I have a 3 tier, gravity fed system. I want a HIGH QUALITY, Long lasting pump. I have gone through 2 March Pumps in my 20 year brewing career,and I thought I was done with pumps. Yet here I a am looking for another one. Ineed you recommendations for a HIGH QUALITY, long lasting pump for a 15 gallon system. I want to try Whirlpooling wit this pump.

Sorry about all the spelling errors in my previous post. Ithink my Lap Top might be very tired...:smack::smack:

Both of thePumps that I talked about in the above post only lasted me about 6 months. I know better than to run a pump dry, so that wasn't the issue. The pumps simply stopped working. Crossing my fingers as I am ordering a Center Chugger tonight.

Unfortunately, despite the best customer service efforts of Agnes at Chugger, I am simply not meant to have one of these -- and it sounds like it will be the same story for all Canadians. Due to a shipping increase last Friday, and some (incredibly high) duties at the border, a stainless centre in pump comes in way, way above $200 -- likely more like $250, even when using the promo code. As much as I want one, there's no way I can spend that much on it.

Anyways American friends, enjoy your Chuggers! I'll have to go with the "value brand" version this side of the border.

Stoked about this.

So, since there's no switch on this thing, as soon as it hits power it will turn on correct?

image-564207656.jpg

So, since there's no switch on this thing, as soon as it hits power it will turn on correct?
yup. you need to provide external on/off switching, i.e. something that cuts the power.

i am going to use something along these lines: http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/202077706?catalogId=10053&langId=-1#.UT4l1ldKtcI. i've seen similar with two switches and two plugs, so i'll have a central spot to turn both of my pumps on/off (would fit under a face-plate like this one: http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/202216729?catalogId=10053&langId=-1#.UT4mVldKtcI). a buddy of mine simply plugs and unplugs the pumps from the extension cord.

Unfortunately, despite the best customer service efforts of Agnes at Chugger, I am simply not meant to have one of these -- and it sounds like it will be the same story for all Canadians. Due to a shipping increase last Friday, and some (incredibly high) duties at the border, a stainless centre in pump comes in way, way above $200 -- likely more like $250, even when using the promo code. As much as I want one, there's no way I can spend that much on it.

Anyways American friends, enjoy your Chuggers! I'll have to go with the "value brand" version this side of the border.

What did you get charged for duty? Was it brokerage fees? Tax? or actual duty? How did they ship it? Its brutal if they use FedEx/UPS ground.

yup. you need to provide external on/off switching, i.e. something that cuts the power.

i am going to use something along these lines: http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/202077706?catalogId=10053&langId=-1#.UT4l1ldKtcI. i've seen similar with two switches and two plugs, so i'll have a central spot to turn both of my pumps on/off (would fit under a face-plate like this one: http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/202216729?catalogId=10053&langId=-1#.UT4mVldKtcI). a buddy of mine simply plugs and unplugs the pumps from the extension cord.

Nice! Thanks for that. Since my primary use will be for whirlpool I'm just going to not plug it in until it's primed and ready to be turned on.

Once I get my RIMS with PID set up I'll have a switch like the one you noted for it and for my element. Cheers

Shipping one of these to Canada via USPS Medium Flat rate runs $40 and as far as I know, customs doesn't mess with USPS boxes all that much as far as duty is concerned. Way over $200?

Shipping one of these to Canada via USPS Medium Flat rate runs $40 and as far as I know, customs doesn't mess with USPS boxes all that much as far as duty is concerned. Way over $200?

Agnes quoted me $60 to ship to Canada via USPS (up from $40 last week, she said they were notified of a price increase on Friday), and she said the duty at the border with USPS averages another $60.

Agnes quoted me $60 to ship to Canada via USPS (up from $40 last week, she said they were notified of a price increase on Friday), and she said the duty at the border with USPS averages another $60.

This doesn't make sense. Flat rate boxes (medium) are $41 to Canada. And you should only have about $20 or so in fees when you get it.

I could see $60 in extra fees if it was UPS, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back