Alexander's Sun Country Concentrates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summersolstice

Reaction score
I found a case of Alexander's Vino Rosso on my front porch when I came home from lunch The Fedex guy must have just left it because it was 12F outside and the concentrate wasn't frozen.

This is the second year in a row I've received a case of Alexander's from California Concentrates for my winning entries at the state fair. I just called to let them know how much I appreciate the support for our hobby.

For as long as I've been making wine and mead I've used Alexander's concentrates. I've never made a wine solely from the canned concentrates but I've made a lot of country wines and meads and added a can or two of Alexander's to fill them out, and that's where I think they really shine. In fact, I took a gold medal at the International Mead Festival a couple of years ago using Alexander's concentrate in a pyment.

If you haven't tried them yet, I strongly recommend them to anyone wishing to add some body and complexity to a mead or country wine.

Yeah kinda sounds like it, doesn't it? It's just that I've heard so many people denigrate Alexander's and I really do believe in their product. Is it the best stand alone kit? Maybe not but it can add a lot to a wine or mead with a little imagination.

Used it in making my Blackberry wine and you are right it is cheap and fills out the country wines..

Just found this looking for reviews. I just bought a can because it was 19 bucks and I wanted to give it a whirl. I just racked my merlot and it tasted decent enough. 20 bucks for 15 bottles of wine. Not sure you can complain too much. You get what you pay for.

If I wanted a quality wine, I would have spend 160 on something in the Eclipse line.

Note: just realized this was my first post. Been lurking so long I thought I would have posted by now.

Latest posts

Back