Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused about which of the previous hop splits are still in play. But if the ones I was signed up for have fallen through (saaz, magnum, northern brewer), I would be interested in taking over 1lb of sterling from scotty77.

Confirming hop splits

Mt Hood subbed for Hallertau Hersbrucker Split:
5# havoc531 (3lbs Kenny, 1lbs Grady, 1lbs Doug)
1# Gothic Horror
3# opteek
1# scotty77
1# miamiweiss
1# Demon
0# remaining, closed

Sterling subbed for Saaz split:
5# havoc531 (3lbs Kenny, 1lbs Grady, 1lbs Doug)
3# opteek
1# metic
1# miamiweiss
1# remaining

The remaining varietals per bmason are:
Centennial
Columbia
Golding
Fuggle
Horizon
Mt. Hood (sub for Hersbrucker)
Liberty
Crystal
Ultra
Santiam
Sterling (sub for Saaz)
Nugget
Perle
US Tettnanger
Willamette

Any objections, please speak up.

I'll volunteer to drop my sack (heh). With the hops falling through and after reviewing my inventory and likely brewing schedule, I can afford to wait. I only had 1 sack of Pale malt on order.

Would still be interested in some of the potential hop buys swirling around.

is there a way to track the last added sacks?

Bill, since I was late into the buy, feel free to drop some of the grain from my order. Please remove the 2-row before removing the Best Malz Pils and Wheat, though, if possible.

Cheers!

I received the quote with the message below. I have to ask them for the quote on the non grain items.

"Attached is your quote you have requested. Please note, you are over by 2 bags. Two bags will have to be reduced when you decide to have this order shipped. Thank you and have a great day."

the quote link is in the 4th tab (at the bottom) of the spreadsheet. I will update later tonight.

Id be willing to drop a sack to help the group, let me know if need be!!! :mug:

Oooooo hurry already MCM! The new triple perlick tower arrived tonight and the shiny glow of the improvement in employment status will only last so long with the wife.

BMason, you can remove my 2 sacs as I had to pickup grain last night at the lhbs. Thanks

bmason, do we have to resubmit to remove the two bags? Do we know how long them it will take for them to turn around the new quote?

I noticed that GW-O2RP is listed as Organic Pilsner in the catalog but in the quote it's listed as Organic 2-Row. I think this was the cause of the mix up with Randar's one sack in the last group buy. I have emailed MCM and brought it to their attention.

OK. I received an updated quote (will make available shortly) with both grain and non grain items from a different person at MCM. All of the items (except the out of stock hops) are available to us, including the fruit puree and oak chips. I guess that's good. I will update the spreadsheet yet again.

Also, a 5th pallet will be required because of the non grain items. idigg, let me know if you want your two sacks added back on again. If anyone else wants to add grain (to lessen the per sack charges) let me know. I have asked how many sacks we need to get down to to accommodate everything onto 4 pallets only. But this means that others besides idigg will have to give up some sacks. Unless we just leave everything as is and we suck up the charges. Personally i'm ok with this.

if we're going the 5th pallet route, can i add a sack of great western premium 2-row? and those honeycombs?? please?? :D

Gothic_Horror said:
Bill, does this include Irish moss and spices?

Yes. I just update the spreadsheet. They quoted 5 pounds of bitter orange so I need to have them correct it and make it one pound. Your puree is on there too.

SWEET! Thanks man. This GB is definitely a practice in patience, but its all worth it for that sweet sweet wort.

The Perlick Group buy I did was draining too. And I had to ship everything out :) Well worth it for everyone to get the deal.
What Perlick buy was this? I must have missed it. You had a line on cheap Perlicks? Has anyone every done a group buy for brewing equipment? I've seen stuff where people find good deals on like carboys and then sell them to people, but I wonder if there is anything else that would be worth group buying to get a discount? Pumps?

What Perlick buy was this? I must have missed it. You had a line on cheap Perlicks? Has anyone every done a group buy for brewing equipment? I've seen stuff where people find good deals on like carboys and then sell them to people, but I wonder if there is anything else that would be worth group buying to get a discount? Pumps?

I would personally be interested in a group by on ball locks...

if we're going the 5th pallet route, can i add a sack of great western premium 2-row? and those honeycombs?? please?? :D

I added your grain only on this go around. I had to manually update the spreadsheet this time around.

Everybody check your portion of the spreadsheet against the prices in the quote. If there are any errors, either in your favor or against you, please let me know. If everything looks good please submit payment for the "Total Due" in the green column.

If paying by paypal, use my email address PLEASE DO NOT GIFT ME THE MONEY AND PAY THE TRANSACTION FEES YOURSELF. We can also arrange for cash payment. If you want to send a check via snail mail, use the address on the quote. Thanks.

The delivery fees are for 5 pallets:

freight: $325
fuel: $65
hazmat:$15
domain:$82

domain cost is a one time fee.

Since I am not really selling anything and instead just collecting money to buy on behalf of the group, use the personal payment method. See below

8. Fees.

8.1 Fees Overview.
Fees are based on whether you are making a Purchase Payment or a Personal Payment.

For Purchase Payments, the recipient of the payment will always pay the fee.

For Personal Payments, the following applies:
The fee depends on the Payment Method you use.
The fee is paid by either the sender or recipient, not both.
The sender of the payment determines who pays the fee at the time the sender makes the payment.
What is the difference between a purchase payment and a personal payment? This important distinction will determine whether or not it is against the rules to charge the buyer the paypal fees. The ToS clearly state that the fees of a PURCHASE PAYMENT must be paid by the recipient, however, for a PERSONAL PAYMENT the fees can be paid by either party with the sender choosing who pays the fees.

bmason1623 said:
Everybody check your portion of the spreadsheet against the prices in the quote. If there are any errors, either in your favor or against you, please let me know. If everything looks good please submit payment for the "Total Due" in the green column.

If paying by paypal, use my email address PLEASE DO NOT GIFT ME THE MONEY AND PAY THE TRANSACTION FEES YOURSELF. We can also arrange for cash payment. If you want to send a check via snail mail, use the address on the quote. Thanks.

I'm on my tablet, mine looks great, I'll PayPal from my PC in the morning.

If I am looking at my information correctly, there's a minor difference on my bill. I see TF Maris otter for $42.90 on my group buy page, but $42.35 on the quote. My GW 2-row is also off by 50 cents. If I'm looking at the wrong stuff, please let me know. Thanks for all of your efforts on this buy fellas

If I am looking at my information correctly, there's a minor difference on my bill. I see TF Maris otter for $42.90 on my group buy page, but $42.35 on the quote. My GW 2-row is also off by 50 cents. If I'm looking at the wrong stuff, please let me know. Thanks for all of your efforts on this buy fellas

refer to the quote since it takes precedence over the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back