Da## Meth Heads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autobaun70

Reaction score
Went with my grandfathers to a veterans appreciation ceremony in my home town, about 45 minutes from home. All goes well, go to drop off my brother and see 2 unfamiliar cars in the back of his field. Turns out it was a guy I went to high school with and some slutty looking girl. They got gone and we go back and look, mobile meth lab right where they were parked. I am now waiting on the cps to get here and it is looking like I am going to miss watching kickoff for the Clemson FSU game.

Sorry to hear it! At least you're getting a tiny bit of that evil off the streets, well done :mug:

Evidently got there before they started cooking. Everything there except the pills.

image-3287438066.jpg

and we have more pics................

him and his mother from another meth arrest earlier this year. Sadly, his mom used to teach kindergarten at our church with my mom. Only scary part is how close they now live, however I am quite sure they are not nearly as well armed.

jeff-taylor-mug-shot-7951982.jpg

cynthia-taylor-mug-shot-8464644.jpg

yep, quite sad. I went to HS with him, he was a bit on the "adventurous" side then, but no hard drugs.

He was with some slutty looking girl. When we pulled up I figured at first that it was just a couple of kids doing their thing, and stuck my 9MM in my waist band just for emphasis on them needing to not hang out there. I wasn't about to get into a confrontation with him, as I knew he was in possession of a weapon of some sort the last time he got arrested. Got their tags, went across the field to the house, and let them get gone. Once gone, I went back over just to see what was there, half way knowing what I would find. Sure enough, coffee filter full of salt, then a box sitting under a cedar tree with twigs snapped off and laying around it to hide it. I was guessing that they had left a batch in the box cooking, but thankfully it was just the ingredients.

Absolutely sad it goes to show what addiction and these f'd up drugs can do to people. I hope there are still human beings in there somewhere I tend to believe in hate the addiction hate the drugs and hate the disease but to pray for the person to change there ways and in the case of meth get new teeth.

and a pic of the slutty chick......I think. Not 100% positive this is her, but this lovely gal was with him for the last trip to the pokey.......

I'd give it an 85% shot.

mug-shot-61219901.jpg

and a pic of the slutty chick......I think. Not 100% positive this is her, but this lovely gal was with him for the last trip to the pokey.......

I'd give it an 85% shot.

Ugh. I could feel my balls contracting into my body when I saw this pic.

Just sad, though, she probably was pretty hot before she started using. You ever see those "methamorphosis" pics, where they put together a timeline of the same user from each one of their arrests, to show how ****ed up they start looking over a few months or a year?

progression-new.jpg

I'm so happy that meth hasn't become a big drug in this area, at least not yet. Thankfully it worked out okay for you safety-wise. Did the cops say that you ID'd them enough for an arrest?

Airborneguy said:
I'm so happy that meth hasn't become a big drug in this area, at least not yet. Thankfully it worked out okay for you safety-wise. Did the cops say that you ID'd them enough for an arrest?[/

Airborneguy said:
I'm so happy that meth hasn't become a big drug in this area, at least not yet. Thankfully it worked out okay for you safety-wise. Did the cops say that you ID'd them enough for an arrest?

Yes and no. I gave them a first and last name for the guy, and description of the vehicles. They hadn't started cooking it yet, do they couldn't charge them for manufacturing, but did have plenty of probable cause to pull them over next time they see them for questioning.

That's surprising. I would have expected that in areas where meth has become a problem there would be laws created against having all of the necessary ingredients in possession at one time under certain circumstances, circumstances which this situation would obviously present.

Airborneguy said:
That's surprising. I would have expected that in areas where meth has become a problem there would be laws created against having all of the necessary ingredients in possession at one time under certain circumstances, circumstances which this situation would obviously present.

There are, however the pseudoephedrine pills and batteries were not present making the ingredients list incomplete.

Zuljin said:
You gotta have something else going wrong to think meth is the thing to do. Such is often the case with substance abuse in general. But I mean to decide ingesting something homemade in a cooler and a bucket with some tubing, that's just crazy.
Yes. I think people that use the stuff(in fact I'm sure of it) are actually self medicating for other mental health issues. With meth, even though it gets you high and makes you stay up for a week it can temporarily fix serotonin imbalances etc. That's part of what's so sad about the drug.
Airborneguy said:
Yes. They should be able to get charged even by having the components. I know laws vary greatly from state to state, but in some of the "war on meth" states such as CA, they can prosecute for having X number of items from this list. I have a buddy who owns a hardware store, and he is supposed to call in if someone buys more than 2 items from the list at once. So if they buy muriatic acid and canning jars, he calls them in. Coffee filters and lye, calls them in. You're lucky it's not a problem there, this crap is really terrible.

You're lucky it's not a problem there, this crap is really terrible.

From what I've heard and read, I know.

My father was a cop here during the crack years and he can tell stories that will blow your mind, even worse than meth stories. Most of my career has been spent dealing with heroin addicts. They're easy: if they get 'rowdy', the preferred tactic is to extend one finger, press it to their forehead, and push them over. Seriously, that's the extent of it most of the time.

From what I've heard and read, I know.

My father was a cop here during the crack years and he can tell stories that will blow your mind, even worse than meth stories. Most of my career has been spent dealing with heroin addicts. They're easy: if they get 'rowdy', the preferred tactic is to extend one finger, press it to their forehead, and push them over. Seriously, that's the extent of it most of the time.

Oh my god when people come over my house and have to much homebrew that's what I do too to get them to shut up one finger to the forehead and push ......

Meth is some seriously f'd up stuff... heck, over half of the ingredients used in the manufacture of it will kill you on their own... let's mix 'em all up, go through all kinds of crazy chemical changes, and then PUT IT IN OUR BODY!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Ever been downwind of a leaking anhydrous ammonia tank? It'll water your eyes and take your breath away - even if it's just a small leak. And these guys will go driving down the road with an open 5 gallon bucket of the stuff on their back seat.

The thing that ticks me off the most about these high-society individuals is these mobile labs - far too often, they're off the beaten path in a public park. Make their crap, and then leave a HazMat scene for someone else to clean up. (I've been on our local FD for a year now; of the 12 hours of HAZMAT training I've gone through in the last month and a half, a good 2 hours of it has been nothing but meth labs. And we don't do anything above secure the scene for the regional HAZMAT team)

I'm sure Breaking Bad is a great source of inspiration for meth cooks. My ex wife's father was a meth cook. He got busted cooking it in his motel room, and his mom bailed him out. While he was waiting to go back to court, he was caught cooking a second time after his girlfriend ratted him out. It's wonderful stuff. He was a great guy. I have a memory of him with a propane torch on low by his bedside in the motel, smoking a glass pipe, with a listening device on. Every once in a while he'd shush us up, and his eyes would dart around while he listened to god knows what. I was 19 at the time, and not much better than him, just younger. He did a year in county and 2 in rehab, and he's up to the same jive. Luckily I got out of it.

A friend of my ex-girlfriend worked for a thinktank that saught to end the "war on drugs" or at least put an end to some of the more draconian possession penalties. THESE people couldn't form a definitive stance on meth, which I think really tells you something. Unfortunately it cannot be uninvented, and all efforts to stem the production and trade are like bailing out a boat with a collander.

The percentage of meth addicts who stay off the stuff for more than a year is in the single digits, and sadly it florishes in the lowest income areas that... sigh... dont already have access to crack cocaine.

In short, horrible stuff, and its sad and frustrating that you have to deal with people who arent really people anymore...

I'm sure Breaking Bad is a great source of inspiration for meth cooks. My ex wife's father was a meth cook. He got busted cooking it in his motel room, and his mom bailed him out. While he was waiting to go back to court, he was caught cooking a second time after his girlfriend ratted him out. It's wonderful stuff. He was a great guy. I have a memory of him with a propane torch on low by his bedside in the motel, smoking a glass pipe, with a listening device on. Every once in a while he'd shush us up, and his eyes would dart around while he listened to god knows what. I was 19 at the time, and not much better than him, just younger. He did a year in county and 2 in rehab, and he's up to the same jive. Luckily I got out of it.

Wow, congratulations to getting out of that mess - we can't always choose the hand we're dealt in life and it sounds like you had a rough one. Well done for going in another direction.

Pappers_ said:
Wow, congratulations to getting out of that mess - we can't always choose the hand we're dealt in life and it sounds like you had a rough one. Well done for going in another direction.

Thanks! :mug:

It's not something I'm proud of, but I'm proud to have it behind me.

what I dont understand, to be perfectly honest, is how anyone starts with meth these days. While we've all seen people who appear to be having a good time using all manner of drugs, the only thing we really see with meth is missing teeth, superhuman fights, and climbing the walls.

Stuff has the worst PR campaign ever, and people STILL start up on it.

what I dont understand, to be perfectly honest, is how anyone starts with meth these days. While we've all seen people who appear to be having a good time using all manner of drugs, the only thing we really see with meth is missing teeth, superhuman fights, and climbing the walls.

Stuff has the worst PR campaign ever, and people STILL start up on it.

Adderall.

20+? Million prescriptions. "Santa's Little Helper" helps get stuff done.

Then you can't recreate the amphetamine high and you try to get your own prescription. When the physician denies you, you go to meth. Or you don't have insurance and you go strait to meth.

As someone stated, it does counter-act an actual chemical imbalance,.....(in addition to making your teeth fall out)

Is adderall just a low dose of meth?

Back