What's the most expensive 6 pack of beer you've seen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
I was in Las Vegas last week and came across a sixer of Stone's Ruination for $17.99 at Whole Foods.

Ruination.jpg

What's the most expensive 6 pack of 12 oz. bottles of beer that you've seen. This one takes the cake for me so far.

Not a sixer but a four pack....local six-pack shop (it's PA, weird laws) has st bernardus 4 packs for $28.50.....ridiculous. They've been sitting there forever, and I guarantee they will continue to sit at that price.

Unfortunately $18 for a high alcohol sixer is not totally out of the question where I'm from. Ruination is probably 17 or 18 at this shop, and a "standard" craft brew (DFH 60 minute, Troegs pale ale, etc) will run anywhere from 11-14 bucks usually.

It's salty, but he's got no competition near by, so he charges what people are willing to pay.

Bell's Hopslam and Expedition go for $20ish. Almost every brewery abandons the six pack format for expensive beers. I like it because it makes it cheap to put Expedition down vs bombers and who doesn't want at least a sixer of Hopslam?

Hmm I will have to look but I recently bought a sixer of Sculpin that was a bit pricey as I recall.

I have never heard of Consecration in six packs.

There is a homebrew shop/beer shop around here that has some ridiculous prices on six packs. I'm pretty sure I've seen stuff listed at $20-30 per six pack (and four packs).

As for expensive beers go, I heard about Sam Adams doing an extreme brew that ended up being around 24-28% abv that was going to be sold in 750ml bottles for around $100. I could totally be fabricating those number from flawed memory, but I am sure those outlandish numbers are pretty close.

I just bought my a 4pack of that. I was told it was probably the last 4-pack of it for sale in Michigan. I was talking to the owner of the party store near where I live and he was telling me about it. He had a guy prepay for it and drive 3 hours to come pick it up. Evidently there were over 1,000 people waiting in line at Founder's when they opened, some there for over 12 hours. I got lucky with the 4-pack I got.
I've only got 1 bottle left.
Founder's KBS four-pack for $21.00 was the most expensive I've seen ... and purchased :drunk:

BreWelDon said:
As for expensive beers go, I heard about Sam Adams doing an extreme brew that ended up being around 24-28% abv that was going to be sold in 750ml bottles for around $100. I could totally be fabricating those number from flawed memory, but I am sure those outlandish numbers are pretty close.

I read an article on this beer a few months ago. It's Sam Adams Utopia. It's labeled as a beer but I read it drinks more like a scotch. They go for close to $150, and each bottle is made of ceramic, individually numbered.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/15817

I'm trying to track down a bottle!

Bell's Hopslam is usually around $17 per sixer(for like .00486 seconds that you can actually buy it aroud here).

I paid $9.99 for a 4 pack of DFH 90 min IPA last week...

I just bought my a 4pack of that. I was told it was probably the last 4-pack of it for sale in Michigan. I was talking to the owner of the party store near where I live and he was telling me about it. He had a guy prepay for it and drive 3 hours to come pick it up. Evidently there were over 1,000 people waiting in line at Founder's when they opened, some there for over 12 hours. I got lucky with the 4-pack I got.
I've only got 1 bottle left.

I bought it at a liquor store near my house and they had a whole shelf of it. They have a decent selection of craft beers, but there are others in the area with a lot more. I though it was weird they had so much when I bought it.

And I'll definitely buy it again!

I grabbed a 1.6 pint of the shelf that had no price. I was out to try something new it was a belgium pear 9% as I recall lips of faith on the bottle. It was the worst garbage I've ever spent 10.00 on in my life!!

There is a specialty brew and wine store here that has just about anything. I have seen some pints there for 25$ or more...

I havent seen much over 16-17.Im shure there is. But as for bombers being that much?-thats just two beers almost ive seen higher than that with a few in that range.I think they are making a killing off bombers.Port brewing Santas little helper 18 bucks-and the worst part is i was disapointed in it .That made it worse.
Dogfish head 120 min ipa. Bought 1 bottle for 12 bucks. I would say thats the most expensive single bottle Ive ever bought.

$28 for a sixer of SN Torpedo IIPA in Australia.

I thought you people drank Tooheys, Coopers, and that weird Black Wattle beer.

I think my beer sin would be $12 for two bottles of "Old Engine Oil - Engineer's Reserve Blackest Ale", and $80 to buy and ship a bottle of Sink the Bismarck.

I thought you people drank Tooheys, Coopers, and that weird Black Wattle beer.

I think my beer sin would be $12 for two bottles of "Old Engine Oil - Engineer's Reserve Blackest Ale", and $80 to buy and ship a bottle of Sink the Bismarck.

Uhhhhh, i think its the 80$ Sink the bismarck-sin.:drunk: correct me if im wrong but isnt that the highest abv beer in the world. I think i stumbled upon it randomly the other day.

Bought hopslam 6-er for around $20. Good purchase.

Bought Founders KBS for I think $23 for a 4-pack. Dont really think that was worth it. Does not live up to the hype.

In the late 80's/early 90's Samuel Smith's was very expensive. We would pay $17.99 for a 6 pack of their beers, that translates to a little over $33.00 in today's money.

Back