left over beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Reaction score
What do you guys do with he left beer from a batch that won't fit into a Corny?

I Was thinking of having a Swamp keg.. one with a few different types in it..But what if you can't fill the keg at one time? would there be any adverse affect from putting in a gallon or 2 at a time then purging the keg with CO2 until your ready to add some more?

I usually make 5.25 gallon batches, so they fit in the keg. But if I have too much, I bottle the leftovers. It's easy and I bought some "carb tabs" for that purpose.

I just put the extra in a 2L bottle and use the Carbonator cap.

Yooper - great picture!

What about those Blue plastic containers used for water (camping), couldn't you install a DIY valve for carbination and use it.. I wonder if the dispencing valve would take 20-30 PSI.

I'm surprised 2L pop bottle will take that amount of pressure.

Guess I'll raid the shed and see if I can't enough materials to make a valve.

Soda is carbonated to nearly 3x the pressure of beer so those bottles are fine. You can install threaded schrader valves if you don't mind rigging a filling assembly to your CO2.

Soda is carbonated to nearly 3x the pressure of beer so those bottles are fine. You can install threaded schrader valves if you don't mind rigging a filling assembly to your CO2.

Yeah I read up about the Soda bottles, 50Psi working pressure.. Right now I'm running 2 Regs on my tank and only have 1 Keg tapped. So if I wanted I could run some quick disconnects and a filling assempbly off the 2nd Reg. Which would still give me the option to swap for other uses..

Maybe I'll see what I have in the Tool box tonight.. Just regular air tool Disconnects should work right?

I can't see pop bottles handling anything less then 80-100 PSI.

[ame=http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=oRSRQ6ajeQs&NR=1]YouTube - Drano Bomb[/ame]

Yeah I read up about the Soda bottles, 50Psi working pressure.. Right now I'm running 2 Regs on my tank and only have 1 Keg tapped. So if I wanted I could run some quick disconnects and a filling assempbly off the 2nd Reg. Which would still give me the option to swap for other uses..

Maybe I'll see what I have in the Tool box tonight.. Just regular air tool Disconnects should work right?

I've used them with no problems.

I ran out tonight and picked up some fittings, I found a link with acouple write ups on building some carb caps. Tried to find the correct air valve but couldn't so I'll just use what I have. Also I didn't realize some of the fittings I'm using were going to fit with some that I bought so I'll have to go buy a few more just to simplify things. I'm post a picture when I'm done.

I think I'll make 5-6 Carb caps and use smaller 1L bottles that way I can leave the caps on after filling the bottles and I'll only open the bottle if I plan on drinking all of it.

Back