whole allspice and nutmeg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooom101

Reaction score
So I have this recipe that calls for whole allspice and whole nutmeg. I'm pretty sure I can find the whole nutmeg but am thinking it's unlikely I'll find whole allspice. Any ideas on where to find it? If not, any ideas on how much ground allspice to use if the recipe calls for six whole pieces?

That was the first place I checked. They do have some spices that I needed (whole cinnamon sticks), but they didn't have any idea where to get the whole allspice.

should have it at your local supermarket...

or definitely if you have a "specialty" supermarket, ala Whole Foods or whatever you have in FL

So I checked the local supermarket. After about 5 min of searching I found the whole allspice hidden behind something else. Thanks for the help. I never would have guessed it would have been there.

yeah it's definitely useable stuff.

we have a few spice stores in the area, so that's generally where I pick my stuff up.

Back