Just got all of my kegging equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getwhatyougive

Reaction score
Just got all of my kegging equipment for my fridge conversion.
I bought the 2 tap system from keg connection and got 5 gallons to keg tomorrow.
Got an off the wall question though,
Is there a way to bottle a few from the tap after its kegged?
I am curious because I still would like to bottle a few for friends at work.
Just thinking about priming sugar etc..
Hope I don't sound stupid but just curious if I will have to bottle a few and just prime each bottle. Or if there is a better way.
Thoughts

Search the site, you'll find a dozen or more ways to do this, some much more expensive than others. I was just looking at a thread earlier for a perlick faucet adatper that was inexpensive and looks amazing. I would search it for you, but...well, you know ;)

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/search.php

If your going to drink it right away, the easy/lazy/incorrect way would be to drop the pressure in the keg till it trickles out the tap, and fill the bottle right from the tap. The right way to do it, that will last a long time, is use a beer gun. The lines hook up to the CO2 and beer line from the keg. You purge the bottle with CO2, fill it up with beer from the bottom up, and your basically done. Small breweries even use the Blichman beer gun when theyre just getting started.

Back