Bacon Beer Recipe Anyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dregus

Reaction score
I have been interested in trying to make a beer with a bacon adjunct. I saw an article a few months ago in the home brew magazine.

Anyone have a recipe they have tried or suggestions about when, how much, and what type of beer to make it with.

I will share the recipe that I compile from the suggestions

You do not want bacon in beer, just smoky aroma. Use smoked malt.

beer and meat are great compliments of each other it could be amazing or yucky..don't see too much middle ground with it

Make a bacon vodka and add that. You can also use liquid hickory smoked to compliment. Or you can go the smoked malt route a lot of people on here say that the Briess Cherrywood smoked malt gives a bacon-esque flavor.

Start in the similar threads box below...and look in the similar threads box of Those threads. Or do a search for bacon beer. There's a ton of threads and a few recipes on here already. It's a pretty common and popular topic in homebrewing...That and zombies.

030b3ba341b1315e54803038f5f74785.gif

Back