keg to 12 oz. bottle, HOW???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrDuckbutter

Reaction score
I just started kegging...how do i best go about filling up a few 12 oz. bottles (with caps) to give to some friends? I tried the obvious, fill from the tower to the bottle, but there was distinct foaming and spillage (what a waste)

so???

thanks

Either that or the beer gun. Depends on if you have an extra $70 burning a hole in your pocket.

that is awesome info, thanks...but my real problem is filling from my Kegerator tower to bottles...i assume i could use a similar set up right? it seems like you could just make your own beer gun for like $12.....

thanks

that is awesome info, thanks...but my real problem is filling from my Kegerator tower to bottles...i assume i could use a similar set up right? it seems like you could just make your own beer gun for like $12.....

thanks

yeah sure. why not just unhook your liquid out line and hook the BM Beer Gun right to the post? As far as I can tell, the colder I keep the beer on it's way to the bottle, the better the results. If it were me, I would avoid filling through the tower for that reason. /shrug

thanks

If you bent the racking cane under a torchflame you could probably rig it up to your tower at an angle that would work for you.

yeah sure. why not just unhook your liquid out line and hook the BM Beer Gun right to the post? As far as I can tell, the colder I keep the beer on it's way to the bottle, the better the results. If it were me, I would avoid filling through the tower for that reason. /shrug

I agree. get a cheap picnic tap and hook it up to the keg to fill a few bottles the 'DIY Beergun' way, then hookup the tower again.

Back