Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine. Still in work. I need to put a light stain on it and seal it. It also needs a couple more taps and I was planning on building a platform with casters for it to sit on.

- Destin

_MG_5770-M.jpg

_MG_5765-M.jpg

549986_10151664330832222_1198289203_n.jpg

just finished, nothing too fancy.

Hey, each to his/her own. I have a beer fridge in the garage which will look something like yours as soon as the kit arrives from Birdman. Couldn't afford to buy a small fridge/tower, etc. and mine will serve the same purpose.

Adrenaline-Junkie said:
Heres mine. Sorry for the crap pics i used my cell and took the pic at night with very poor lighting. lol

Looking at your pics I couldn't tell, but it looks like a Danby conversion. Did you disable the light switch? Just did a Danby conversion myself and my senses are currently heightened to those details.

Here's mine. Still in work. I need to put a light stain on it and seal it. It also needs a couple more taps and I was planning on building a platform with casters for it to sit on.

- Destin

Your basement/garage doesnt have any insulation and your built a keezer? Hehe if my basement didnt have insulation i could build a 1000tap beezer

Your basement/garage doesnt have any insulation and your built a keezer? Hehe if my basement didnt have insulation i could build a 1000tap beezer

Basement. Just got it all framed last week. Gonna have a guy come over tomorrow for a bid on the electrical.

It's usually in the mid 50's in the basement. Perfect beer drinking and BS'ing temp. Keeps the wifes upstairs.

- Destin

Well, since we're showing our "not so fancy" conversions, here's mine:

z88zl1w.jpg

This was built with a Kegco Deluxe Homebrew 2 Kegerator Conversion Kit from BeverageFactory.com. That kit was dead simple to install, though the included drip trays bump into my HEPA filter so I went with the low-tech towel on the floor solution.

z88zl1w.jpg

This was built with a Kegco Deluxe Homebrew 2 Kegerator Conversion Kit from BeverageFactory.com. That kit was dead simple to install, though the included drip trays bump into my HEPA filter so I went with the low-tech towel on the floor solution.

Maybe we should start a new thread called "Average Kegerators for Average Folks" or something :rockin:

z88zl1w.jpg

I can dig the Low tech towel, but couldn't you switch places with the freezer/fridge that is next to it? Just thinking.

Are you sure that is the best place for your temp control?
With the contacts exposed to the humidity and the cold.

Lots of us have our controllers mounted through the collar. Cold is fine, condensation isn't. Mine is enclosed on the inside, and the enclosure is caulked like crazy.

Just put the last coat of chalkboard paint on the sides on my keezer/fermenting chamber.

Showing the division of fermenting and serving/lagering:
774748_478265778897360_1884494875_o.jpg

I ended up putting some more insulation in the fermenting section. As it is in this picture, either the heater (cheap hot pad) was on, the freezer was on, or both were on.

With the lid on the fermening side (crappy cell phone pic):
775811_478252785565326_1755283972_o.jpg

Wiring:
798379_477937418930196_151427003_o.jpg

And finally, the outside:
279004_478881798835758_419233256_o.jpg

Forgive the little bit of masking tape still there.

The drip tray has been added and now all I need is a thermometer. (temp control and fan connect into the back.)
Thanks to Billy Brew for the concept and design ideas.

312478_4660478627291_747714982_n.jpg

Here is my kegorator.

20130128_183315_zps72ddd04d.jpg

I bought it off of Craigslist for $20 and gutted it. I added a Ebay aquarium temp controller, switch, and indicator light.

20130128_183335_zps7b6ed6a6.jpg

I put the taps on the inside because we will probably be moving in the future and without taps it fits through the door.

20130128_183401_zps88ef1753.jpg

Here is my kegorator.

I bought it off of Craigslist for $20 and gutted it. I added a Ebay aquarium temp controller, switch, and indicator light.

I put the taps on the inside because we will probably be moving in the future and without taps it fits through the door.

Simple and effective. I might be a tad concerned with condensation with that controler unit, but no expert here.

Here is my kegorator.

nice i have the same cold beer here magnet, it has a bottle opener on the back right? :mug:

I want to put my kegerator under my bar top. Does anyone have know how to keep the lines from my tower that would be mounted on the bar going into my kegerator cool? PVC pipe extension???? Need help!

I want to put my kegerator under my bar top. Does anyone have know how to keep the lines from my tower that would be mounted on the bar going into my kegerator cool? PVC pipe extension???? Need help!

I use copper pipe as its a great conductor of temp. I leave a foot of copper projecting down into the kegerator and up into the tower almost to the shanks, then run the line thru it. I've had great sucess with this, my kegerator is an undercounter model so my tower run is only to the top of my counter-top. For a longer run to your bar top, I would use 2" copper with lines run through it, any exposed( to the air) copper piping should be wrapped in foam pipe insulation, and get one of those tower cooling fans (made from computer far I've seen on ebay, and other places) to push cold air up into your tower. Or Im sure you could make your own fan. Short of glycol, this should work pretty well.

twalte said:
Here's mine...just finished it this week. It's a garage unit, and I don't have the skills that many of you have. (Love the VW bus BTW!!!!)

Where did you get the individual regulators? Are they fed straight from your CO2 bottle or do you lower the pressure first? Forget the skills thing, keezer looks great!

Thanks to everyone here for sharing their ideas and posting the great tutorials..

Here's the build my wife and I have been working for the past month... Still working on the label display but this will work for now. Wish I has the proper woodworking tools to make it better...

2013-01-19 16.45.43.jpg

2013-01-24 10.07.38.jpg

2013-01-27 09.59.30.jpg

2013-01-31 17.05.14.jpg

Thanks to everyone here for sharing their ideas and posting the great tutorials..

Here's the build my wife and I have been working for the past month... Still working on the label display but this will work for now. Wish I has the proper woodworking tools to make it better...

So with it sort of in the corner will the tower clear when you open it to change kegs?

So with it sort of in the corner will the tower clear when you open it to change kegs?

If I take the center tap handle off then it will open enough to change a keg without moving it.
When I need to open it fully, I have to pull it out about a foot for the center tap handle to clear the wall.

Do you guys with converted chest freezers inside have any issues with condensation? I have mine in the garage and I usually have to throw a towel in the bottom during the summer. I live in a humid area.

Do you guys with converted chest freezers inside have any issues with condensation? I have mine in the garage and I usually have to throw a towel in the bottom during the summer. I live in a humid area.

Put a computer fan inside and run it all the time. I have this and it really helps.

There is also a portable dehumidifier that some people here use.

Back