Where to Buy a BIAB Bag?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmk1012

Reaction score
My wife is sewing challenged and I'm even worse off. Where can I buy a large bag for BIAB? Currently I have been using 5gal paint strainer bags zip tied shut, kind of a PITB. I've seen the custom biab seller from the UK, but they seem to have a hard time staying open and a little high on the $

Most online brewing stores have them. Wine supply places, ditto. You didn't say where you are in Oregon, but Steinbart in Portland has a 14x17 fine mesh drawstring bag.

I'm using a Coors style keggle with a 12" top opening. Not sure of the exact size I would need.

I can get laundry/delicates bags at the 100 yen store (dollar) here. They fit in my 36cmx36cm pot (14"x14")(36 liters 9.5 gallons)- with no difficulty. Also fit a 5 gallon igloo. Be happy to pick up and send to anyone. Send pm.

My wife is sewing challenged and I'm even worse off. Where can I buy a large bag for BIAB? Currently I have been using 5gal paint strainer bags zip tied shut, kind of a PITB. I've seen the custom biab seller from the UK, but they seem to have a hard time staying open and a little high on the $

Check the dates on the posts you're looking at, we don't have a hard time staying open people get ill, family stuff happens, it's just my wife working at home, not a Chinese sweat shop.

The quality of the bags is second to none, literally, check the customer feedback, people already tell us we're way underpriced for what we provide.

If I seem defensive it's just because what you're saying is incorrect and the price point is way off, thanks.

Here's a recent review of the product. http://mysticmead.com/?p=365

The bag in that case was provided FOC for the user to use and review.

Got mine from Wilserbrewer and I love it. About 8 batches so far and it's been great.

For what it's worth, I have never sewed before but managed to stitch together a sturdy 15 gallon bag in a couple of hours by hand.

Bag_in_pot_small.jpg

mash_over_small.jpg

For what it's worth, I have never sewed before but managed to stitch together a sturdy 15 gallon bag in a couple of hours by hand.

Hey good for you! Nothing hard about stitching a bag if you have opposed thumbs:mug:

Job well done! I appreciate your determination and self reliance.

EoinMag said:
Check the dates on the posts you're looking at, we don't have a hard time staying open people get ill, family stuff happens, it's just my wife working at home, not a Chinese sweat shop.

The quality of the bags is second to none, literally, check the customer feedback, people already tell us we're way underpriced for what we provide.

If I seem defensive it's just because what you're saying is incorrect and the price point is way off, thanks.

Here's a recent review of the product. http://mysticmead.com/?p=365

The bag in that case was provided FOC for the user to use and review.

+1. I received a bag from CustomBIAB a few weeks ago and used it for the first time yesterday. It's got 4 nylon webbing handles, drawstring, it has a sewn in bottom, not just a bag and there custom made for any pot. I'll try to add a few pics here. The quality is top notch! For the ~$30 shipped, it has to be my best brewing investment so far!

image-1845950116.jpg

image-1746199164.jpg

image-2872327244.jpg

I've noticed that the husband/wife at CustomBIAB have moved & haven't answered any of their posts on the FB or updated their website in a while. Anyone ordered from them recently? Also, the website for Jeff is now some sort of carpet cleaning site - don't see a reference to BIAB there.

Thanks....I am looking into changing over to this method & incorporating an electric element for single-pot brewing. Looks promising.

I have the Wilserbrewer bag.
It looks good and I plan on using it in September.

The CustomBIAB bags also look nice.
What is the difference between their "Bean Tin" and "Pillow Case" style bags?

ArcLight said:
I have the Wilserbrewer bag.
It looks good and I plan on using it in September.

The CustomBIAB bags also look nice.
What is the difference between their "Bean Tin" and "Pillow Case" style bags?

The pillow case style has a bottom sewn into it, so it can perfectly match the shape of your kettle. The bean tin style bag is just a normal bag.

I have been very satisfied with my custom made bag from wilser who is a member on hbt. Ordered it on a wednesday or thursday and it arrived on the following monday. And its a great looking bag!

I have made and sold quite a few bags for reasonable prices to other HBT members...PM for details...$20 includes shipping....Mike

I also purchased a bag from Wilser. It's great, tough and I like the pull cord. He made it using the dimensions I requested and it arrived a few days later. PM him to get yours.

Antler said:
I'd like to share my bag. It's the CustomBIAB pillow case style bag. Very nice handles, has draw string, and they can stitch the name of your brewery (i just have CustomBIAB on mine) to the handles on the bag! I think mine was $27 shipped, from Ireland.

I wouldn't hesitate to from the again. Actually I already contacted them for a bag for pilot batches.

image-3838596642.jpg

image-3062175877.jpg

image-1262542423.jpg

image-4193699712.jpg

@ nutty gnome and seatbelt123,

Thanks for the positive feedback, I appreciate it! Due to high levels of customer satisfaction I have recently adopted a 14 day money back no haggle return policy. Most orders shipped next day. Thanks, Mike

Most online brewing stores have them. Wine supply places, ditto. You didn't say where you are in Oregon, but Steinbart in Portland has a 14x17 fine mesh drawstring bag.

Has anyone used these from Steinbart's? This would fit my 10 gal pot perfectly!
Only $14 shipped!

doomXsaloon said:
Has anyone used these from Steinbart's? This would fit my 10 gal pot perfectly!
Only $14 shipped!

I think I saw in the group buy section there was a sale on big BIAB bags. Like $6 I think

Back