general beer bullshizz: whats your favorite beer chaser?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinBigD

Reaction score
Sometimes when its RDWHAHB time i keep a rocks glass next to my homebrew glass. Good sippin liquor and homebrew are some of my favorite things. Tonights pairing was my black as sin and twice as ugly porter and

ForumRunner_20111129_224310.jpg

Some Blanton's single barrely kentucky straight bourbon. The flavors play so great off one another!

What about the rest of you??

Sent from my MB502 using Home Brew Talk

Either another beer, or a glass of Scotch or Irish Whiskey. Typically do the Irish on the rocks, and the Scotch with just a splash of water.

Martini

I know it is odd, but if I've had a beer and the wife is making a Martini - who am I to say no!

Normally beer is its own treat for me, not a chaser (or being chased). I look for beers that are well balanced, or characteristically unbalanced on occasion if my taste buds are itching for it. By that I mean the sweetness and bitterness balance each other out dynamically, like a chaser might do for a stiff drink. Or maybe I'm thinking too much into this...

+1 to the deep fried oreos. Its like heart disease and diabetes packaged into one bite of sweet oily goodness.

Sent from my MB502 using Home Brew Talk

Back