BB Hopnog 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srceenplay

Reaction score
I went to the LHBS today to pick up some bottle caps and saw this on the shelve. It's limited release. I'm sold. Wife gonna be mad at me.

Any way here's the ingredients.
6.6 lb light lme
1 lb light dme

4 oz carapils
8 oz Carmel 40L
8 oz Carmel 10L

3/4 oz millennium pellet 17.4%
3 oz hbc-342 leaf 14.9%

Well I need a hop schedule. Taking recommendations.
Also should I wait and put half of the lme and all the dme in at the last 15min?

I will be doing a full boil. The kit is for a partial. So I'm guessing the ibus will be higher than the 46 posted.

We just got some in at the Beer Nut in SLC. My boss gave me one to try it out so I can recommend a hopping schedule. What I came up with so far is:

.75 Millenium @60 min=41 ibus tinseth
.5 oz HBC 342 @ 15 min=11 ibus
1.25 HBC 342 @ 5 min= 11 ibus
1.25 HBC 342 @ Whirlpool/ Flame out

Going to brew it tomorrow morning. The HBC 342 hops smell like amarillo, but have a pungent dank smell to them. Should be good.

I was thinking maybe a 60 15 7 and a dry hop for the last week of my three week primary.

Well I'm about 40* degrees away from first addition. Think I'll just go with what I guessed and hope for the best.

Wish I could get paid to do this :)

image-2345927184.jpg

Anyone thief theirs yet and grab a taste on the balance? all of my brewsmith combinations put me at 75 to 135 ibu's and I am not sure I want to go anywhere near any of that range...

Mine is still bubbling a way. When I get home from work I'll try and remember to sneak a taste.

Still about two bubbles a minute. Gravity is .016. It is an ipa but not real bitter. It's just to my liking. Has a small maybe fruity aroma. Might be from all the suspended yeast.
Can't wait to dry hop this and bottle it. This finally might be a good beer I made. Looks promising.

Back