Another Coopers Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Rider

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Was in the LHBS the other day and hey have this kit:

Thomas Coopers Traditional Draught Beer Kit

No indication at weather it's an ale or a lager.

Any ideas?

Ale their yeast is ale not lager. It's not a bad yeast somewhat clean like notty. But not a lager and where u are unless u can control temps. I would say it would be a good choice. But remember IT IS AND IN NO WAY BE LAGER. But who cares do you like ale ? Is lager avail to you ?

Ale their yeast is ale not lager. It's not a bad yeast somewhat clean like notty. But not a lager and where u are unless u can control temps. I would say it would be a good choice. But remember IT IS AND IN NO WAY BE LAGER. But who cares do you like ale ? Is lager avail to you ?

Since I had my first New Castle Brown Ale a few years ago I've been hooked on Ale. Don't like most lagers I've tried since then. Dark lagers I can stand, but give me a good Ale w/flavor of the barley. :tank:

It's actually both. The Premium Selection series comes with an ale/lager blend. When you open the sachet and look, there is clearly a blend of two strains.

Its a ale... All coopers kits come with ale yeast. Even their "lager."
Ale their yeast is ale not lager.

Their Pilsener and European Lager kit comes with a pure lager strain.

Latest posts

Back