Keggle Question - High Heat Paint?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HyggeBeer

Reaction score
I Just built myself a beautifully functional keggle, but I like my gear to look nice too.

Is there any reason I couldn't paint the outside of my keggle with a high temp paint usually used on grills, stoves and engines like this? It sure would look nice all black with my "hygge beer" logo in the middle...

I would imagine it would work, just really clean and prep the surface before painting. I'd say paint it flat black so that you can do touch ups really easy. But, flat colors seem to attract dirt and grime more. Have you considered polishing them?

Thinking about it again, I wouldn't want paint chipping off around the edges into my brew, that would be a bummer

I have mine painted and they look and function great! Just don't paint the top ridge and you'll be fine...

I thought about painting mine at one time. One of the members of this forum reminded me about the drips that run down the side of a keggle. SS cleans easy. Paint not so much.

I went ahead and painted it! I probably painted too much of the top / close to the rim, but I also installed a spout on the bottom so I'm not too worried about run over except for during clean up... I'm brewing tomorrow and / or Sunday, I'll be sure to post pictures and my after thoughts then!

This may seem like a silly idea, but do you think there is any insulating value to such an intense paint? (I used the Rustoleum 2000 degree paint mentioned above.)

Just as an fyi, I think that the 2000f paint needs to be baked to be fully functional.

I was going to use it for my brewstand, but just ended up using the 1200f grill paint since it doesn't need to be cured.

Latest posts

Back