I made an all-grain brewing video, take a look!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePolvino

Reaction score
After 2 months of preparation, videotaping, editing, and tweaking, my brewing video is finally done. The purpose was to give people an introductory overview of all-grain brewing, and show the mechanics of making beer using my basement brewery. It is by no means a complete thesis on the subject (there are great resources for this), but may inspire someone or give them that "A-Ha!" revelation when something finally clicks.

You can see them on my YouTube channel.

All feedback is welcome.

-joe

Very nice job. You did not miss anything that I could see. Yes, some will say that you did not go into enough detail but with time constraints of videos you did great. I'm waiting for part 2. :)

Like I said in the comments Joe, excellent production. You ought to hang out more at this forum, is very niceeee (in a Borat voice).

I think the detail was perfect for a grain to glass topic. I hope to do a few more concentrated ones that talk about mash/sparge volumes and temps since it can't be done in an overview.

Dude, very nicely done! I like your setup too. Any chance of getting the actual video files so I can dump them on a dvd? Thanks dude!

Nice!

I really liked it, and it is always neat to learn individual tricks and methods that people have come up with, etc.

Great job Joe. I especially like the fact that you made safety a point in regards to indoor brewing with gas.

Very well done, Joe.

You managed to add a lot of information while keeping it at a level that just about anyone can understand and learn from it.

:mug:

Nice vid! I love your setup. How much did all that cost? It would be nice to have something like that. Right now, it takes me about 8 hours (including clean-up) to make even a partial mash!

I have to do mine on a gas stove (somewhat unreliable, the temperature fluctuates too much) however, it always turns out. There is also the problem with only having a 20L (5.28 Gal) brew pot, it isn't big enough!

Your setup, would sure make life easier.

That video was Exactly what I needed. I too am one that learns from seeing and doing, not reading. I tend to think about the thing i just read for a picture in my mind while not taking the time to stop reading, thus missing half the stuff I read. Very well put together. The editing style and voice puts you in that automatic learning mode since it looks like a training video you'd see at work or something. Very nice. Hope you don't mind but those are totally saved. Personal viewing only, but will most likely have them looping in the background come my first AG Brew day. You have a new subscriber for updates.

Thanks! I have one all grain brew under my belt. Watching this will make the next one a lot smoother. I saw a few tricks that will save me some time. Well made video BTW.

What timing!!! I just picked up the grains for my first AG. I was still kind of unclear on a few items, but your video really brought everything together, thanks. Very well done!!!

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. I'm happy to hear that some people are using the information to get past sticking points, or parts of the process that were previously unclear.

EricK The Red said:
Very nice vid! I wish I had the space to do all grain...

Someday.

Do you have at least this much room? I can AG 5.5 gallon batches in this small space...

kitchen.jpg

First post here.

What a great series of videos!

Your YouTube page has been bookmarked into my favs.

Nice work!

The effort and quality of production require a hearty thank you and congratulations! Excellent videos. Reward yourself with a homebrew, and I'll go pour one in your honour!

Cheers,

Rhino

Great videos. Enjoyed watching...but I have a question for anyone...Mash Tun...I've always pronounced it like TON....in the video it's more like TOON or TUNE....what is the proper pronunciation?

Excellent videos. I'm an extract brewer...but would love to try AG once I have my own space and $$

Finally took the time to check your videos out. Excellent! Very good production and content.

Kilted Brewer said:
Great videos. Enjoyed watching...but I have a question for anyone...Mash Tun...I've always pronounced it like TON....in the video it's more like TOON or TUNE....what is the proper pronunciation?
Thanks. I've heard it both ways but apparently I picked the least common of the two!

-joe

Joe-
I wouldn't be so sure. I've been googling and reading and I'm finding TOON or TUNE is actually closer to the original pronunciation....

:mug:

Soulive said:
Do you have at least this much room? I can AG 5.5 gallon batches in this small space...

kitchen.jpg

Ha! I wish I had half as much countertop space, and I can still manage a 10 gallon batch! :D

Also, I'd kill for a dishwasher...Sigh, college apartments...

GREAT VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!! One question/comment, arn't the 60 minute hops bittering hops instead of flavoring? Again, awsome job.

Yah you should definetly figure out how to host the original files so we could dump them on to a DVD. Or even put them up as DivX files or something like that. DivX will save hosting space as well.

Those videos sucked!!! Nah just kidding!!!! Those are some of the best videos I've seen. Now you made me want to get a pump more than ever. Good job and keep up the great work.:rockin:

wedge421 said:
Yah you should definetly figure out how to host the original files so we could dump them on to a DVD. Or even put them up as DivX files or something like that. DivX will save hosting space as well.

You could download the flv file then convert it to the format you would like to use.....

Back