Refrigerator hinges

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmcq

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the story.. I have a fridge.. not a huge one, but definitely not a small one (30x30x64 inches outside dimensions). It works and will fir a lot of stuff, but...

Before I put it in storage, I removed the hinges, etc., to take the doors off. I put the hinges in a "safe place" and now, of course, I can't find them.

Any suggestions on jury-rigging hinges?

:mug:

What about going to a hardware store and buying some flat stock? I know just about every frige I've seen the hinge is a triangle shaped piece of metal no thicker than 1/8".

http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=7169&step=4&showunits=inches&id=199&top_cat=197

Here is an online place that has a 12" x 3" x .125" (or 1/8") for less than $5... Cut it into triangles, mark your holes and put in some over sized screws with some poly washers between the door and the plate.

Should be a fun weekend project! Good Luck!

That's sort of what I've been leaning towards doing... /8" thick steel is a bit much for me to cut through though... :)

Back