Stupid snowplow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I have to go to work pretty soon but I'm procrastinating. (I set my own hours and only "have" to be at work when I have something going on). My husband shoveled early this morning, and my son did a bit more. I'm almost ready to drag my lazy butt out the door, and here comes the freakin' snowplow! Now, I have to shovel the end of the driveway that is full of heavy wet snow. He is on his FIFTH pass.

Moral of Story: Go to work earlier on snowy days, so someone else has to shovel it.

I can feel your pain...at a previous apartment I had to park in an area off the side of the road and the plow would bury my car under a mountain of snow every time he ran through the neighborhood. I learned that after digging it out, move it immediately or be prepared to repeat the process.

Dang, you guys still have snow up there? It's like 70 degrees outside. I'm brewing in shorts and T-shirt. :ban:

Of course, I won't be dancing in the summer, when it hits 100 degrees, plus heat index. :drunk:

Torchiest said:
Dang, you guys still have snow up there? It's like 70 degrees outside. I'm brewing in shorts and T-shirt. :ban:

Of course, I won't be dancing in the summer, when it hits 100 degrees, plus heat index. :drunk:

Got 6 inches last night of very heavy wet snow. But, it's supposed to warm up by the end of the week. Come visit me in July- when it's 78 degrees up here. Everyone loves it here in the summer. But since summer is only three days, it's over quick. If Summer falls on a Saturday, we have a picnic.

Yooper Chick said:
Got 6 inches last night of very heavy wet snow. But, it's supposed to warm up by the end of the week. Come visit me in July- when it's 78 degrees up here. Everyone loves it here in the summer. But since summer is only three days, it's over quick. If Summer falls on a Saturday, we have a picnic.

You owe me 1 cup of coffee

Well I remember the freaking snowplows of my youth. I always loved the pictures of cars in the back of dump trucks. The front loaders would be clearing drifts and there would be "lumps".

Teach your husband to shovel like I do. First thing I do is go out and shovel the ROAD in front of, and just down from my driveway. That way when the snowplow comes by you've already cleared away the snow that the plow would have pushed into your driveway. I beat the plow by about 5 minutes this Saturday and spared myself having to clear the wet crap from the end of my driveway. I hate piles of snow at the end of the driveway and do what I can to prevent them

You guys should consider yourselves lucky! We just got nailed over the weekend and I was lucky to see a plow go by once in 36+ hours! And I live in town too!

Makes me wonder what I pay my taxes for?

Yooper Chick said:

Hahaha, that sounds just like our three day winter. If the temperature gets into the 30s, it's a citywide crisis.

pjj2ba said:
Teach your husband to shovel like I do...

When they got snow gauges like this in the UP you need powertools to get the job done :).

1999-12-Snow%20fall%20in%20Michigan's%20U.P..jpg

desertBrew said:
When they got snow gauges like this in the UP you need powertools to get the job done :).

1999-12-Snow%20fall%20in%20Michigan's%20U.P..jpg

great picture!

Well, the sun is shining and it's warm right now. So, my son was finishing the snow plow mess and telling me he looked stupid shoveling snow in a t-shirt. I told him to go ahead and look stupid, and keep shoveling! It's supposed to be in the 40s by the end of the week, so it'll melt soon.

LOL lorena you remind me how my old boss used to send his pregnant wife out to shovel so that the neighbor would feel sorry for her and plow them out.:) Don't worry Spring isn't too far away, I think.........

We kind of like snow up here in Manitoba. It means it's warmed up to the point where the trees aren't exploding in the woods. We don't care how much snow is left at the end of the driveway. You have to take a faster run at it but at least you aren't pushing a bumper load of snow for the next two miles.

Latest posts

Back