3+ weeks and still active fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korben

Reaction score
So, my brown is going on and it does the whole 3-5 day crazy bubbling and then dies down.. The next week it stopped and i was thinking well just let the yeasties do their job and clean the brew up. I thought i would see a lil bubble every now and then. But, this week I just did a lil test and saw the cup was riding a little high. So, I squeezed the fermenter just a bit to release the pressure and drop the cap.. Then a few hour later it has raised back up meaning more gas production. Is this normal? Hope that was clear... I am a lil drug drunk from study infectious disease.

I currently have a brew that is -3 days from being in the primary for a full month. Not just is the cap still riding high, it's still bubbling here and there. Sometimes it just depends on the yeast, ingredients, and range of temperatures your primary is exposed to.

Like the rest will say, you can only tell when it's done by checking for changes in gravity over a period of three days.

Back