Fightin' Monkey Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyc

Reaction score
This is the first label I've actually put some time into... whatcha think?

That looks ridiculous! Just kidding :) , I think that is one awesome logo, especially the monkey "coin" at the bottom. Should get some sort of freebie out of it on the BYO label contest!
:D :D :D

photoshop for the battle-monkey, some illustrator, then some nice expensive packaging software :) ... i work in a prepress department.

oh, and ian drew the monkey token thing at the bottom. i might have added fangs.

I would buy that beer merely for the label. Excellent.

Minor criticism:
Can you make the axe stick out past the oval frame a bit more? also have the tail overlap the frame.

Yeah, those were my top criticisms, too. I'll probably do that. :)

Oh, and it's good beer, too. Only my 5th batch, but definately the best of those. It got me even more excited about homebrewing.

I like it. For a more comedic label you could use "Furious George" from the Simpsons.

I hope there's no rules against reincarnating aged threads. If so, I apologize, but I'm new to homebrewing and this site so I've been scouring through trying to learn.

Since I know not so much yet about brewing, but am somewhat computer abled, I decided to start working on a label for my first batch. I won't be able to start until December (when it has cooled down considerably and I will have time between now and then to gather the necessary equipment).

Anyway, I want to use the monkey from that "Furious George" Simpson's episode. So, I'm breaking out Photoshop and starting on it. (That way I'll have to follow through and brew a beer to proudly wear it!) When I get it done I'll post a new thread with it. Of course it may undergo adaptation depending on the type of beer I brew (yay for layers in Photoshop!)

just a minor bit too:

I would say, use a sword instead of an axe? Just a thought

I like it a lot! I agree with the idea of letting the monkey overlap the oval a bit more, though.

Where did you get the idea?

Back