kegerator build *very pic heavy*

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kair

Reaction score
I decided to build and I just thought y'all could appreciate it.

PICTURES!!!!!

Before

6c5d12f1-1.jpg

The box

5c48dbc8-1.jpg

becc31bd-1.jpg

Covering the box with wood flooring

DSC01527-1.jpg

Cutting the vents for the air intake
(I also put a mesh screen in-between the box and the wood flooring to keep pet hair and dust from getting into the fridge's air filter)

DSC01539-1.jpg

DSC01542-1.jpg

Installing casters with wheel cutouts.

DSC01516-1.jpg

DSC01515-1.jpg

Wood floor on box w/vents for the refrigerator air intake and casters installed.

c71488f8-1.jpg

The bar cut down to the right size draft tower mock up

phpOxvx8tPM.jpg

Tavern heads
phpekEPsgAM.jpg

Mock up on floor covered box
phpJ2n44YAM.jpg

Cutting the holes for the heads
phpxgC7e4AM.jpg

Installing said head
php3TwgSqAM.jpg

phpPC6EnHPM.jpg

Cutting plumbing holes and fitting shims
The small hole is for a fan and the large one is for the beer lines.

php0c1nllAM.jpg

The shim is a large aluminum can.

phpV9qtGHAM.jpg

nice build! I spot a beerknurd t-shirt, ufo club member at the flying saucer? I just moved to ft worth, where are you located?

Yeah I'm a member if you've been to the Ft. Worth store there is a good chance you have seen me. I'm the guy with dreads.

wow that is very nice looking. I hate to even say anything, but on chest freezers the out side skin is the heat exchanger, starting from the inercavity , behind that is the cooling coils and then the foam insolation and then the heat exchanger coils and the outermetal skin. so if you cover the outer skin you reduce the cooling systems abilty to move the heat from the inside of the cooler to the outside. maybe you could put a small refrigerator evaporator fan in the compressor cavity and just wire it in so that when the commpressor is run so is the fan. that with the air space you have between the outer wall and casing should force the hot air out.

wow that is very nice looking. I hate to even say anything, but on chest freezers the out side skin is the heat exchanger, starting from the inercavity , behind that is the cooling coils and then the foam insolation and then the heat exchanger coils and the outermetal skin. so if you cover the outer skin you reduce the cooling systems ability to move the heat from the inside of the cooler to the outside. maybe you could put a small refrigerator evaporator fan in the compressor cavity and just wire it in so that when the commpressor is run so is the fan. that with the air space you have between the outer wall and casing should force the hot air out.

I am planning to run two fans one inside the box and another in the gap between the freezer and box. Hopefully the one in the gap will help the circulation of the hot air and the one in the box will cool the beer in the lines of the draft tower.

:mug:

yeah that should do it , i love the build and am working on something simmular , i am putting to large chest freeezer back to back and building a bar at the end with a folding table top the covers the tops of the freezers.

Draft tower with trim installed and lid mock up, Only thing left is to tile, grout, cut one more piece of insulation, and install the fan then the tower is ready to be attached to the bar.
:rockin:

re3.jpg

Rounded the edges of the bracing angle iron so no one cuts themselves on it.

Before
re2.jpg

After
re1.jpg

VERY NICE BUDDY!

Awesome concept with the wood plank and tower build. NICE JOB!

My entire existence on this board is due to influence from the gurus and postings I found on this board...that is why it is here....for everyone to help one another. Pour one for me homie...take care and good luck with the kegerator.

So we got it moved into the house and all of the trim attached we still need to grout and run the plumbing then we are done.

the pic sucks. Ill take out the camera and take some good ones when everything is finished.

No trim
large.jpg

With trim installed
54ff4a0f.jpg

Looks amazing! I love the fact that it is still usable as a table/bar on either side. Can't wait to see that bad boy in action.

Back