weihenstephaner clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzoflick

Reaction score
I saw an AG recipe for this here using 5.5lb Malted Wheat and 5.5lb German Pilsener and since I cant find a big enough pot to go AG by this weekend I picked up the following

3.3lb Wheat LME
3.3lb Light LME

1oz Hallertauer Hersbrucker at 60min

Weihenstephaner ale yeast

Look ok with the extract mentioned?

Thanks

gonzoflick said:
I saw an AG recipe for this here using 5.5lb Malted Wheat and 5.5lb German Pilsener and since I cant find a big enough pot to go AG by this weekend I picked up the following

3.3lb Wheat LME
3.3lb Light LME

1oz Hallertauer Hersbrucker at 60min

Weihenstephaner ale yeast

Look ok with the extract mentioned?

Thanks

Depending how much percentage wheat you want, you may want to use all Wheat LME. Wheat LME is made from a mash of roughly 1/2 barley and 1/2 wheat. Some brands may be as high as 65 wheat/35 barley (which I used in my hefeweizen).

If you want to go for a 50/50 spilt or there abouts of wheat/barley just get 6.6lb of wheat lme.......otherwise what you have will work just fine, but it will be roughly 25 wheat/75 barley. I have no idea if you could tell the difference anyway!

Enjoy the brew day!

uwmgdman said:
Depending how much percentage wheat you want, you may want to use all Wheat LME. Wheat LME is made from a mash of roughly 1/2 barley and 1/2 wheat. Some brands may be as high as 65 wheat/35 barley (which I used in my hefeweizen).

If you want to go for a 50/50 spilt or there abouts of wheat/barley just get 6.6lb of wheat lme.......otherwise what you have will work just fine, but it will be roughly 25 wheat/75 barley. I have no idea if you could tell the difference anyway!

Enjoy the brew day!

I agree...go all wheat DME. Don't worry abotu the AG recipe, Wheat DME is pre-mixed with 60% wheat and 40% barley. (or is it vice-versa?)

Back