Mancave build thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
i've been posting pictures here and there of what is to become of my man-cave... so i thought i'd show the progress of what has been happening with it, and have a place to throw projects as they come up.

So, SWMBO said i could have the utility room as the cave when we moved in together :mug:. so i've slowly been having fun and doing projects in there and having some fun.

This is when i first started clearing it out and getting it organized

Circa Sept 2011 (the room has transformed a ton in the few months!)
IMAG0469.jpg

originally had a 100" 4:3 screen that i built out of drywall.

IMAG0477.jpg

here is the room during clean up and get the junk out period.

IMAG0479.jpg

clean up

IMAG0480.jpg

Screen and wall completed, note the cabinet to the right, this will be important later.

IMAG0506.jpg

best screenshot i could grab from it (american horror stories)

then after a few months of that, i decided to get a new projector.

4639_r.jpg

Optoma GT720 (needed it for the short throw)

61DTeYXSwoL.jpg

which needed a new screen, 120" (which, this is not my picture but you can see the size this way)

IMAG0615.jpg

this shows a shot, but it's from a camera phone at full darkness in the room, so it looks horrible (still need to get my DSLR in there and snap some actual photos) it's crystal clear

IMAG0647.jpg

a few weeks after that, i ended up getting a kegging system.

IMAG0672.jpg

and of course i got tired of only having one keg.

IMAG0670.jpg

more kegs!

IMAG0674.jpg

then got tired of trying to squeeze everyone into that room. so i built a 10" tier for stadium type seating. (ignore the furniture, people get drunk in there, and i dont want to wreck nice furniture :mug: )

IMAG0683.jpg

so after i was done with that, decided to start designing a shelving system that'll fit in there...
kegerator on the tier on the left, sub on the floor next to that. and some A/V shelving. Later on i decided to skip all the upper shelving that i was going to build.

IMAG0689.jpg

here is after the first night, just wanted to get a mock up idea, this took a bit....

IMAG0690.jpg

this is after night two

IMAG0691.jpg

day three, getting there!

IMAG0698.jpg

this is after starting to stain... wanted to see what it would look like within the cubbys themselves. still need to finish those...

2012-04-17_06-11-12_430.jpg

this is after last night. ended up picking up 8 cd/dvd shelves from IKEA on Craigslist for only $20 (retail is $7 a pop, so i did good) as you can see, right side of the CDs is DVDs and blu-rays, left side of that and below the racks is all video games.
below that is the spot i had to grow some seed starters, so they're growing away in my man cave.

still need to finish...

1) painting
2) unclutter all of that area
3) finish building the surround of the kegerator
4) get a sofa and take out the recliners.
5) and get some better shots here soon, but i thought i'd throw up pics and show the progress thus far!

hopefully there will be some more progress to report here in a few days when i get that finished :)

Back