Dry hop question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaltonBrewer

Reaction score
I have a great 5gal. ag batch in the secondary waiting to be kegged. I dry hopped with Centennial pellets 1 OZ, and my question is that I will not be able to keg until tomorrow which will be 8 days of dry hopping. That is a few days longer than I wanted. Any thoughts on the impact of the extra days? My FG was 1.06 and the style is right on line with an American pale ale.

As far as I know that's not long enough to cause grassy flavors, so it should be fine.

I have a great 5gal. ag batch in the secondary waiting to be kegged. I dry hopped with Centennial pellets 1 OZ, and my question is that I will not be able to keg until tomorrow which will be 8 days of dry hopping. That is a few days longer than I wanted. Any thoughts on the impact of the extra days? My FG was 1.06 and the style is right on line with an American pale ale.

are you sure your final gravity is 1.06, that sounds more like an OG

Did you mean 1.006 for your FG? You should be fine even up to 2 weeks with dry hopping an ounce of centennial

Back