Tornado=Broken Hop tips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyGus

Reaction score
If a tornado rips through your yard and a branch falls on your hops and rips the tip off, will they continue to grow another tip out of a node? Or should I cut these and let a couple new ones grow up the wire?

I wouldnt cut them. Hopfarmer posted a video of his crops last year going through hail (i believe) and it hurt the plants, but he said he still got a good yield.

Sweet! Thanks

I actually checked last night and it looks like they are already starting to shoot up another tip out of the top most node. Looks like little asparagus tips.

Dude...a tornado ripped through your yard and your worried about the hop plants?!?

AWESOME!!

Isnt that how its sposed to be? he cant rdwhahb if the means to make a home brew is gone with the wind(sry had to)

Dude...a tornado ripped through your yard and your worried about the hop plants?!?

AWESOME!!

HAHAHA
Well after 4 days of chainsaw intimacy and some roofing experience I had time to deal with the real issues!

Back