Kaboom!! or no

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't be TOO worried, my first was bottled after 10, but you may just want to play it a little safe. What was your FG?

Brewers Best Octoberfest. FG 1.014. Been in the bottle 6 days. Gonna try one tomorrow. Heard of recapping to relieve pressure. FG on low end of specified range in directions. If bottles would blow would that occur soon after bottling or much later? I certainly see kegging in my future. :D

Shouldn't be a real problem at 1014.
Full detail in a question get full answers.
**ity details get ****y answers.
You may want to open one a week and if it's done then chill it to stop it.
:mug:

Thanks. Gonna chill one tomorrow. 7 days in the bottle. I'm looking forward to tasting the flavor develope. Will include more detail in future. New to forums & posting. Thanks again. RR

Everything turned out fine :p !! No bombs & the brew aged nicely. Chilled em after 2 weeks conditioning at fermentation temps. Gonna be more patient next time. thanks everyone!! :mug: RR

Yeah, Patience...

I didn't brew for a few months and was bone dry. SO sitting in front of me are two 10g fermentors. One is 12 days old. I'm really tempted to keg 5g worth of that one and age the other 5g worth... (bire deGarde):drunk:

orfy said:
Hydrometer?

BOOM.

What did you brew and where did you get the instructions?
Even for a MR Beer kit that is to soon!

Mr. Beer says you can do it after just 7 days minimum. I tend to leave it in a few days longer, since I use some more fermentable material than Mr. Beer likes you to use. 8 days may sound weird to you but my fermentation is in no risk of exploding at that time.

Back