New dual hinge keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shambo

Reaction score
Well, I have lurked these threads off and on for a couple years new trying to decide if I want to start kegging.

I finally bit the bullet when my brewbud and I split a 10 gallon batch. I am tired of bottling.

After reading about every keezer thread prosted I decided to build my own, by stealing yours.:D

Since I have a brewbud who is a pilot, our brew days are few and far between. So I wanted something that could handle a commercial as well as corny kegs.

I went with a dual hinge 2x8 collar, two tap, magic chef design.

I am quite pleased with the result... especially since I am a programmer and am about 10 years out of practice of any wood craft.

keezer3.jpg

keezer5.jpg

keezer6.jpg

keezer7.jpg

Keezer1.jpg

here is the finished product if you do not want to view the rest.

Well, almost finished. I still need to get a drip tray and some tapboard handles.

Keezer1.jpg

I like it . . . a lot!

If you don't mind me asking, what was the total cost? Did you have to purchase all the fittings and everything for this build?

It was more then I thought it was going to be.

However, I purchased everything I needed for this project and did it at full retail.

If you scour the interwebs and already have supplies then it probably will not be near as expensive.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tHvu5Nhky82fJUtdna7rYTg&output=html
*edit, sorry about the link. I must not have set the permissions correctly.

I often wondered about ordering a second set of the OE hinges to use for the lid, I know it would be an expense, but c'mon it's a keezer, right?

BTW sweet keezer the dark stain (almost looks black, is it?) looks magnificent!:rockin:

I often wondered about ordering a second set of the OE hinges to use for the lid, I know it would be an expense, but c'mon it's a keezer, right?

BTW sweet keezer the dark stain (almost looks black, is it?) looks magnificent!:rockin:

Thanks.
Actually, it is black. :)
The only 2x8 lumber I could get here in yuppie-land was gnotypine.
I would have preferred to stain a nice hardwood, but you work with what you can get.

I painted the collar a flat black then gave it two coats of glossy spar urethane.

that black collar really looks sharp against the white of the keezer!

Thank you. The area I am at has a lot of pine but not much decorative wood. It was much cheaper for me to use pine and then paint it.

Is the dolly for moving the cornies? What kind of dolly is it?

*edit* Ah, I checked out your pics and I see it's for the keezer itself.

Back