Some pics of my latest efforts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pompeiisneaks

Why that human mask?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a mead and an IPA in secondaries, bulk aging, and a few bottles left of apfelwine, thought I'd share :)

Mead:

IMG_0603.jpg

Mead Closeup:

IMG_06042.jpg

IPA:

IMG_0606.jpg

sweet, kinda creeped me out at first though.. i have the exact same carpet and stand/carboy setup at my house.. the picture could have literally been taken in the room i'm in right now, haha.

The mead and any beer should push off loads of co2 when it ferments creating a cushion... I had bubbles popping off the ferment lock like mad during fermentation, therefore I think it should be fine.

The mead and any beer should push off loads of co2 when it ferments creating a cushion... I had bubbles popping off the ferment lock like mad during fermentation, therefore I think it should be fine.

In the primary, I thought they were in the secondary.

ahh true, never thought of that, I guess I should have pushed some co2 on top of it from my tank... Its been there for about 2 weeks I think now, and doesn't show any sign of infection, though, so I hope I'm good...

Back