Costco Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is worse that the Coke and Pepsi taste test. Why do they always do this? “handcrafted” beers.. Sorry thinking of a different thread.

PBR number 2, got to love that. Cheer

I've had their pale ale and each time I get diacetyl, not a lot but enough to not ever have it again

It's decent. If you're having a party and want to get some empty bottles quickly without paying very much it's a good buy.

Ah yep, Gordon Biersch - that makes sense. I might grab a case next time I'm at Costco. I heard GB brews Trader Joe's beer too.

I've had it and thought it was pretty good for the price. Thought the pale and wit beer were the best. And yeah they're pry offs

They are not too bad considering its about 20 bucks for a case.
They are pop top, so why not spend $20 on a case of bottles WITH BEER than $17 on empty bottles?
Especially if you are going to have a party and have other people empty them for you.

I visited Gordon Biersch in San Francisco about a year ago, and I found all of their beers to be very nondescript. They weren't bad... I just couldn't really pick anything out of them that made me say, "I like this". I was there with my parents, who are both big craft beer drinkers, and they agreed. I will not be going back, nor will I be buying any of their beers. Really, just because they are so boring, more than anything.

My parents recently bought a 24 variety pack of the kirkland beer and it was the pale ale, IPA, german lager and amber ale. I have got to say that each and every one of these beers absolutely sucks. I will be happy to get the bottles but I cant even bring myself to drink any of them when they are stacked in a fridge next to a lot of (much better) homebrews. My parents would both rather drink my home-brews as well so no ones drinking these things. I give some away here and there and even my friends complain about the taste. It has got to be pretty bad when someones complaining about a free beer!

I visited Gordon Biersch in San Francisco about a year ago, and I found all of their beers to be very nondescript. They weren't bad... I just couldn't really pick anything out of them that made me say, "I like this". I was there with my parents, who are both big craft beer drinkers, and they agreed. I will not be going back, nor will I be buying any of their beers. Really, just because they are so boring, more than anything.

That's been my experience as well. It seems like they're trying to please a broad range of people with every beer, so everything is just very low on flavor.

Ah yep, Gordon Biersch - that makes sense. I might grab a case next time I'm at Costco. I heard GB brews Trader Joe's beer too.

Pretty sure most of Trader Joes beers are brewed by Firestone Walker and Unibrau.

The best part of buying that case is the box that fits 24 bottles. And to a lesser extent, the bottles.

That's been my experience as well. It seems like they're trying to please a broad range of people with every beer, so everything is just very low on flavor.

I had the same experience when I stopped at their restaurant in Vegas last year.

I was disappointed, maybe because I was expecting Pizza Port beer.

Pizza Port ROCKS!! :rockin:

E

Back