Glass Etching?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyP

Reaction score
I remember seeing a post from someone who did custom glass etching work, but I can't seem to find the thread. My buddy is getting married soon and I had an idea for a wedding gift. I was thinking I could get those "romantic" growlers that Northern Brewer has and getting them etched with bride and groom's names and the date, or something. And, obviously, fill them with some homebrew.

Does anyone know of the link, or someone who can do this? Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I dont know anyone who does any etching, but on my bottles I used a paste that actually etches the glass for you. You can buy it at any art supply store. My GF made a stencil and put a design on all of my bottles for me. It works really well. I dont know if you know anyone artistic but if you do ask them to make you a stencil and etch the glass yourslef with the paste.

bulleitb said:
I dont know anyone who does any etching, but on my bottles I used a paste that actually etches the glass for you. You can buy it at any art supply store. My GF made a stencil and put a design on all of my bottles for me. It works really well. I dont know if you know anyone artistic but if you do ask them to make you a stencil and etch the glass yourslef with the paste.

+! for this...

This is the stuff.

38215150.png

It's really easy to do...Just draw what you want on the computer, even just fancy text on MS word in a nice font. Cut out the letters making a stencil, tape the stencil on the growlers, then follow the instructions on the jar and have at it!!!!

hmm, maybe I should get some of that stuff and etch water level marks on my carboys

I don't like the idea of a stencil personally.

Hit up some local screenprinters, especially ones that do formed shape printing. The result should be a lot better but they may not be able to etch them.

Back