Kegging bloody Marys???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonecold

Reaction score
Is it possible to keg bloody Marys?

I know this may be a crazy question but I am pretty sure somebody has tried it. Thinking if you could mix everything together in a bucket for a week to let flavors blend then strain it into keg. Would the CO2 ruin the flavor or have any ill effects on tomato juice? Would it be too thick to push thru the system?

Thanks

I know it will change the flavor. But it seems to me that it might be interesting if it had just a little co2 bite to it. It should flow ok as long as there are no big chunks.

Be prepared to do some hardcore cleaning of the keg and possibly replacing orings. I personally hate bloody Marys but when I bartended I was told I made an amazing one. The smell of the tomato juice was extremely difficult to get off of the rubber mats and the steel shakers.

I just kegged about 3 gallons of margarita.
I think I need to sweeten it a little to counter the co2 bite.
Watch out for foam!

How long would you take to drink it, a day, a week, a month? My concern would be tomato solids settling out over time, though you could give the keg a good ole shake before you drink from it. Carbonating it would change the flavor somewhat, but I admit it is a pretty novel idea.

You wouldn't even have to carbonate it if you didn't want to; just adjust your line lengths/gauges and put it under a couple pounds to push it out.

Thanks to you all for your input.

You have all brought up good points. Cleaning sounds like maybe the only downfall but I can live with that. I am probably going to try this once I come up with a good recipe. I will report back with results.

Thank Again
:mug:
Pete

Berniep

I was talking to my buddy about the bloody mary thought and he asked " I wonder if you could keg Margarita's". I may give that a shot next summer. Thinking a few more kegs may need purchased. lol

Stonecold said:
Berniep

I was talking to my buddy about the bloody mary thought and he asked " I wonder if you could keg Margarita's". I may give that a shot next summer. Thinking a few more kegs may need purchased. lol

Kegged margarita=delicious.
Problem is I made about 3 gallons and I running out of hot weather(my preferred margarita drinking weather) around here.
Oh well guess I will have to drink it out of season.

thats gonna be a **** ton of bloody marys! if you keep the psi low enough i doubt it would carbonate to a perceptible level. i bet you'll have to replace anything rubber or plastic after you're done, but it shouldn't cost too much to do. margarita's would probably be good carbonated (as was suggested may have to sweeten to account for co2)

I have a keg of long islands at my house. There is a keg and tap devoted to it so I don't risk getting 'long island flavored beer'.

I would wonder about the drink separating personally, mine is mostly booze with some sour mix in it, I add the splash of coke after pouring one. but I could see the tomato settling out, along with the ground pepper etc.

Keg it and then get one of those cartridge injectors and use Nitrogen to dispense.

No worries about carbonation and the chemical changes CO2 will have on it.

Back