Adding Body to Chinese Food's Caramel Vanilla Cream Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewrican

Reaction score
So I brewed this recipe:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/caramel-cream-ale-2435/ - few posts down is the recipe

and it has been 4.5 weeks since I brewed it. It is in a keg, but not fully carbed by a long shot. Anyway, when i sample it while playing with the kegerator it seems to really be lacking body. Should I wait it out to see what happens with it over the next several weeks or can I add something to it to increase it?

I realize that it is still young and rather green. I am just thinking that something is off as many said it tastes great 1 week into a bottle.

I did not take hydro samples with this one, but after this you can bet your ass I will going forward :(

do you have a recomendation of how much I should add?

I also brewed this because it is listed as a must brew. I thought it was great, it was the 3rd beer I ever brewed.

No I have gone AG and have learned a lot, I find this beer lacks body as well. The flavor I once thought was amazing, just doesn't seem very beer like to me anymore.

so maybe it is just the way it was supposed to be.. I (and a friend who drinks Bud heavy) just dont like it.. at least i dont think i butchered the recipe ha ha

So what should I add to thicken it up?? ha h

Back