CFC storage (somewhat long term)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiphopopotamus

Reaction score
OK. I'm not happy about this, but I need to take a break from brewing for a while. SWMBO and I have gone over and over our finances and we're cutting all non-essential spending. Don't get me started on what I consider essential vs. what she does...

I'm not too worried about my kettle and fermentors as they're easy enough to clean and sanitize, but I'm a little concerned for my CFC which I built recently (Thanks Bobby) and have brewed only 1 batch with so far.

What do you guys recommend for storing that thing for 3 - 5 months? I know I'll want to clean and sanitize when I get back into it, but what's the best storage method to minimize growth of bad stuff?

If you're honestly worried I'd just sanitize it and seal the ends with plastic wrap or something.

I wouldn't worry though, just sanitize it before you use it next time. Or sterilize your whole rig with a boiling-water run if you're that cautious.

Blow it out with an air compressor and put it on a shelf.

If you let it sit for a long period of time, definitely flush it out to avoid the "I found a spider in my beer" post. :D

+1 compressor, as all you really want is for it to be dry. Flush with boiling water prior to use.

Latest posts

Back