Swmbo suprised me w/ 3qt double bastard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haasobrew

Reaction score
So this past haunaka swmbo bought me a gigantic double bastard... Good beer but a waste of 90$. Nonetheless, I was very gracious. I proceeded to drink it one fine Saturday afternoon over the inaugural brew at a new house(breaking in brew shed) (much happiness). I forgot about the enagaement party we were to attend that evening for her coworker/friend. Needless to say, I was rather intoxicated and possibly had a bit too much fun during the event, to much embarrassment for swmbo. Anyway... The empty massive bottle has been lying around the shed for a couple months, so tonight I went to work on it. The resultant lamp is so nice, swmbo has granted it a spot in the house!
Cheers beer brewing folks!

Haas

image-4253190445.jpg

Very nice. :mug: Just what I needed more ideas for more projects to consume more of my little spare time. :drunk:

That's an impressive size bottle, and a great application for the empty to be savored for a long time.

Did you drill a hole in that bottle to route the cord?

Now how long before it slowly makes its way to a closet or basement by same swmbo

I've got one thing that came to mind while reading your story...

"FRAG-I-LE! It must be Italian..."

"It's a Major Award..."

"You'll Shoot your eye out kid..."

Back