Wag of the finger to....NorthernBrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onescalerguy

Reaction score
Alas,i'm no longer able to order from one of my favorite suppliers.Northern Brewer no longer ships USPS as of June 1.That just sucks for us not in the contiguous US.
An order weighing 6 lbs would now cost 55$ to ship UPS.Crazy messed up.Oh well,their loss.I probly spent 500$ there in the last year.Business must be real good when you can turn customers away.I think Midwest will be my new supplier(besides AHS),they'll ship USPS.Thanks for reading this,i really needed to vent.
Cheers:mug:

Did they give a reason? Maybe their customers are dropping off because USPS keeps screwing up orders.

mr x said:
Canadian orders will drop off 100% if they use UPS.
Amen. I made 1 order from AHBS and had to stop. UPS almost doubled the cost of my shipment with their 'brokerage' fees.

I don't blame AHBS except that they chose to use UPS instead of Fedex. Which seems to be what every online supplier uses, it's very frustrating with the US and CDN dollars so close that I still can't order from the states.

UPS/Fedex sucks. I can't even begin to explain all the problems I've had with them.

When any corporation gets that big screwing up a few million orders and not making good doesn't hurt them a bit.

I give you props Onescalerguy for keeping with a hobby like this in your location. Although I've never been to SE except by Ketchikan, I know how remote an area you are in. I ***** about the costs here in Hawaii, but am probably not paying no where what you pay to make beer.

Back