pitched yeast into ready to bottle...now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denvel

Reaction score
I was taking my last reading while getting ready to bottle. OG 1.051. got a reading of 1.049, I panicked and pitched another pack of yeast(it had been 2 1/2 weeks).

After panic time was over, I noticed my hydrometer had stuck to the side of the glass. The actual reading was 1.016. But the new yeast is already in.

What do I do? What have I done? What will happen?

With no more food left for the yeasties (if your readings have been stable for 3 or more days) bottleing shouldn't be an issue. I don't think any bottle bombs will be in your future.

RDWHAHB. nothing will happen. the new yeast will not have anything to eat and just settle out. your beer is fine.

thanks for the speedy replies! My biggest concern now is getting a glass full of yeast.

Let it sit in the fermenter for another few days for the yeasties to settle to the bottom, then you won't have anything to worry about.

they didn't really die they just went to sleep. but don't worry they will wake up again when he adds the priming sugar.

Back