Atlanta 08/29/09 - 09/01/09 olllllo's Alegust Beer Trek Part III

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK as part of my three beer trips in August bender, I will be in Atlanta from Saturday AM 08/29 thru the afternoon of Tuesday Sept 1.

I'll be flying in on a red eye Friday night so Saturday will be pretty bleery eyed for me.

I have 3 goals.
1) Meet as many ATL area brewers as possible.
2) Go to a Monday Night Brewout at startup: Monday Night Brewery | Bringing great craft beer to Atlanta, Georgia
3) Introduce my college buddy to the secret society of good beer.

Lets meet up! Post here if you want in on the fun or have some local tips.

I am free all day Sunday. As always, I am game for meeting in Decatur and visiting the Brickstore and Twains. Twains is homebrewer friendly and let clubs have meetings there. I am sure if we call and ask about having a "club" meeting there we can bring homebrew to share.

I'd be down to hit Twains on Sunday, Cliff can probably get Jordan to hang with us and do a brewery tour. If you want to head North a bunch of people will likely meet you at Taco Mac in Kennesaw, thats where Zac met up with a bunch of us. I'm also happy to host a get together / bbq / beer tasting at my crib. Could make a brew day out of it maybe.

I'm doing final fantasy draft that night.... but might be available before or after.... Should be available on Sunday.... the rest of the days i will be at work 3-10 probably.

If twains, contact them ahead of time and make sure Justin (Brewmaster which i think is his name) is there too

Post here if you want in on the fun or have some local tips.

In - I have a bachelor party 8/29 but should be free the other days.... I'm on the north side with the other INHBC guys.

Local tips, my favorite sushi place, Nakato in mid-town. Only place on the East coast thats as good as Japantown in San Fran. Ask to be sit at the bar near 'Kaki' San (Yoshiharu Kakinuma) and talk to him, you'll get the fish he saves for his friends and Japanese customers, much better grade.

That Aug 30th I look wide open as well right now. In a month I might be up for another brew.

I will keep up with this... amazingly I think I am working Sunday AM or off, so I should be able to catchup on Sunday. I would LOVE to finally make that happen. I usually am slaving to the food and flame when you all are drinking....

Wow! Great response guys.

I'm also headed to Northern AZ, Portland and SoCal this mont. Since this is the last trip, I'll be focusing on gelling those plans up first, so the deails will trickle in over the coming days.

Me too, going to Chicago Thurs and driving back with a buddy of mine on Friday. I should me good for Sat night and Sunday.....

I have ingredients to brew a batch... however, I have no space and I live very far away from town...

What I am really trying to say is, I'll join in on a brewday if someone offers up a space

It looks like most folks are available Sunday afternoon/eve , so lets shoot for that. I will be staying in Marietta on the SE side.

As far as what to do... BMW, P4ck, Beerriffic... any of their ideas sound fine.

If I give those guys my # will that work? can you all get a hold of those guys or not...

PM me if you need my number etc.

I might try to hit Sweetwater for a tour on Saturday afternoon too.

Just to clarify... I'm letting BMW, P4ck, Beerriffic come up with a plan.

I want to see the rest of you too and I will PM you my number if you need it. I just want to avoid 15 conversations via PM since you can only PM a few people at a time.

Story of my life... I am off almost every Sunday recently... but am working noon until ?? This Sunday. No rest for the weary during the season. I will try to see where you all are Sunday night... but I doubt I will make it out.

0830091600-feed.jpg

Orfy's Hobgoblin clone on randallized northern brewer hops.

Thank you for coming over and joining us today... It was quite fun... Not sure how many other brew days involve an impromptu Randall build, but it was fun... Thank you again for the samplings (Pliny is as good as it's rep) and feel free to stop in next time you are in town...

:mug:

Hope the beer comes good for you. Let me know how it turns out.
I think Wychwood are doing a Promo on it so several pubs around here have it on pump at the moment.

It's #2 on my list to brew at present. Should be doing it in 4 weeks.

Back