Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres my old handmedown freebee. Does the trick. Not allowed to have it in the house so, I spend alot of time in the garage :drunk:

I'd be spending a lot of time at a divorce lawyer if I were you....

Just sayin'....

agreed, your wife's lack of desire to have a 70's style minifridge kegerator in the living room is grounds for divorce! :p

Besides :D

motivatore057b0c5e7cb7ec08cc5e59bd0d47c41f8687f69.jpg

It's the PBR that made my belly roll...:(

I can excuse a mans poor taste in beer, but I can't excuse a mans poor taste in football teams.

LOL! cmon ,PBR is a must!!!
I admit..im a Pats fan..and yes i get a lot of bull for it, mostly from my Steelers buddy.
but dude ..i got a bus, i brew beer, like Meatloaf says "2 outta 3 aint bad?"hehe

ok, for sake of argument, ill even give you the 2 of 3.
But, you quoted Meatloaf, which just took away yet more points.

Your man card is coming dangerously close to being revoked ;)

That's nice, except for the Pittsburgh theme... :cross:
Ouch! The other tap handle is actually blue, not black. Didn't even realize it looked black in the picture until you thought it was a theme. I could have always put the giant Budweiser handle on it that I have.

Well, since SWMBO said she wanted something nice for the basement, here's what came of that.

A Home Depot clearance kegerator that has been modified to include dual corny hookups and faucets.
I went with 1/4" flare fittings and a pair of 1/4" flare tail pices so that the sanke tap can be swapped in for commercial kegs.

Oh yeah and a nice new pair of 525SS Perlicks. :rockin:

Picture 014-small.jpg

red, was that a single tower that you turned into a dual? If so did you just drill a second hole?

Yeah, it was the single tower that came with the Home Depot Kegerator. I spun it 90° on the base fitting which allowed it to be installed in the top of the fridge at an angle.

I drilled through the thin metal with my trusty Irwin step bit, just slightly lower on the other side so the shanks would clear each other.

I paid less than $300 for the kegerator from HD (which included a 5# CO2 tank and all the required parts), and for about another $50 could have added the second faucet, but I went for the good stuff and paid a few bucks more.

All in all not a bad deal.

Great thanks, just picked up a free single tower from a friend and was trying to decide how to turn in into at least two or three.

Sounds like you got a good deal, nice work.

Just finished mine this weekend. The top is a chalk board. Still waiting for my tap handles. I got the tap boards that have chalk boards on them. Sort of a chalk board overkill...but hey, who cares?

What do you guys think?

Keezer2.jpg

Alright, I did this conversion last week with the 4.4 cu. ft. Frigidaire available at Lowes. It fits perfectly in our kitchen between the fridge and microwave and provides a nice place to hold fruit bowls....to bad those bowls are currently holding cookies! lol

Kegerator.jpg

No pics to post, but SWMBO bought me a kegerator to be nice. If that wasn't good enough, she's given me the thumbs up to build a keezer when I get home. I've enjoyed looking at every single pic and have gotten a lot of good ideas on how to build mine. God I can't wait to get out of Afghanistan!!!!!! (That's the reason for no pics)

DSC000391.JPG

This is more of a beer fridge as opposed to a kegerator, but believe me it gets the job done. The beginning of my demise
dubbel on the left
blonde on the right

Can't believe I never posted mine. The keezer four taps, but is pre-drilled for two more.

Keezer - Soda water and two cold beers

2113-img_1344.jpg

Conditioning and 'cellar temperature' beers ( 11 cornies max.) with two secondary regulators and 4 lines to the taps in the keezer

2113-img_1343.jpg

I was hoping to post in this thread tonight with a picture, but instead my project is put on hold due to a bent up tower coupler. Jeez. I barely got the thing unwrapped and it's already going back. :(

Can't believe I never posted mine. The keezer four taps, but is pre-drilled for two more.

Keezer - Soda water and two cold beers

2113-img_1344.jpg

Conditioning and 'cellar temperature' beers ( 11 cornies max.) with two secondary regulators and 4 lines to the taps in the keezer

2113-img_1343.jpg

That is sweeet. At first I thought, 4 taps and 1 keg? And then I scrolled down. Superb.

I finally got around to finishing my kegerator. The top is made of corian and actually came out better than i expected. Now I just have to sanitize everything and hook it all back up.

Kegerator1.jpg

kegerator2.jpg

I finished mine a few months ago but never got a chance to post any pictures so I thought I'd finally show it off. I built it out of an old 15 cu. ft. GE chest freezer I found on craigslist. It needed some love but the finished product came out pretty good. It holds 8 cornies or 5 cornies and 1 sanke. I installed four Perlick 525SS faucets and left space for a 5th somewhere down the road (I haven't even been able to keep more than 3 on tap so far, so the 5th may wait a while). The numbers and letters on the front were cut out of magnet sheets, so I can swap them out if needed, and the top was painted with chalkboard paint. I still need to paint the argyle pattern on the sides (for an authentic Carolina jersey look), add the 5th tap and finish the tap handles, but other than that she's mostly done. And now for the pics:

2283371990064118341S600x600Q85.jpg

2167974050064118341S600x600Q85.jpg

2595973110064118341S600x600Q85.jpg

2244608870064118341S600x600Q85.jpg

2233706010064118341S600x600Q85.jpg

at the moment they a hard plastic c clamps, they snap on. The guy who built them had the idea. They work well, but I think they will where out.

I think I am going to replace it with magnets though.

Its not much, but it gets the job done. Currently it fits a 5 gal corny and a 3 gal corny. The 3 gal corny is currently empty (only have one of those) so it is not pictured, I keep high gravity brews in the 3 gallon corny. Brews with normal 6 gallon entries into the boil but I boil them for 2 hours, makes for some good times. In the keg is a IIPA and waiting to swap out that keg is my Irish Red that I kegged today. Its in my "lagering" fridge. Basically a fridge where it is under pressure and cold.

Tap on the left is a tap from Elk Mountain Brewery and the one on the right is called Lucky Lager. Just a couple tap handles that I like and decided to keep. Im in the works of finishing off a couple custom tap handles made out a Oak branches that I cut, sanded and will be lacquering soon. Soon to come is a colar so two 5 gal cornies will fit.

For a low cost Jerry rigged setup im pretty damn happy. It will work until im out of graduate school and can build one of these beautiful bars that some of you guys have!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Post 1.jpg

Post 2.jpg

Back