Bocce--let it all hang out.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chairman Cheyco said:
Lawn? I remember 'lawn', I think. That's where you drink beer in the summer while playing bocce, right?

Funny you say that, I just broke out the bocce set last weekend.

I can't wait for the weather to get nicer.

Do you play 'anything-goes, mongol horde style' bocce, or 'on the pitch' sissy bocce? We have a rule that everyone has to drink whenever somebody's score adds up to an odd number.

Chairman Cheyco said:
Do you play 'anything-goes, mongol horde style' bocce, or 'on the pitch' sissy bocce?

First you have to explain the differences to me... :confused:

EDIT: GAWD I love being able to move/split threads!!! *wonders how long it will take the Chairman to figure it out*

Wait until the weather gets better? It was frickin' 80 degrees today! :rockin:

Very Un-Dude said:
First you have to explain the differences to me... :confused:

EDIT: GAWD I love being able to move/split threads!!! *wonders how long it will take the Chairman to figure it out*

About three hours! I was hanging around getting p!ssed off about being censored! lol

Anyway, Mongol Horde Anything Goes rules (MHAG) is when you can throw the 'p' or object ball anywhere. The only rule is if the resulting round is going to cause damage to something (Ask Sasquatch about my eaves-troughs, no ****!) Of course the drink on odd score rule applies as well.

Kinda sounds like Full Contact Bocce we play at the firehouse . . . throw the 'p' over the firehouse (3 storys) and then play from there . . .It's usually better for us to start the game in the parking lot. Oh and if you arent paying attention the other guys are allowed to smack ya . . . where ever they make contact is the rule.

HurricaneFloyd said:

I don't count that when you have 100 mile an hour winds goin on though! I hate wind!

Chairman Cheyco said:
About three hours! I was hanging around getting p!ssed off about being censored! lol

LOL...

Chairman Cheyco said:
Anyway, Mongol Horde Anything Goes rules (MHAG) is when you can throw the 'p' or object ball anywhere. The only rule is if the resulting round is going to cause damage to something (Ask Sasquatch about my eaves-troughs, no ****!) Of course the drink on odd score rule applies as well.

Pontifex Maximus Pumbaa I said:
Kinda sounds like Full Contact Bocce we play at the firehouse . . . throw the 'p' over the firehouse (3 storys) and then play from there . . .It's usually better for us to start the game in the parking lot. Oh and if you arent paying attention the other guys are allowed to smack ya . . . where ever they make contact is the rule.

Okay, no, we play pretty close to the book. I don't need my neighbors beating my ass when a bocce ball splatters thier kids head!

HurricaneFloyd said:
It was colder than a well diggers a** here today and it was windy.
I agree with Very Un-Dude. I hate wind!

My Friends : Let us not forget Olympic style badminton and the gentlemanly ( and ladylike ) game of cutthroat croquet. Both of those can get pretty nasty. Mrs. Monkey once came out to the badminton court and found the little Monkies playing against me with a beer bottle each in their hands. I had to explain handicapping to her. Note: Children's bottles were empty. It was a matter of principle.
God, I love summer sports !

That reminds me.....anyone know where I can get a set of lawn jarts? It's about time to teach the 4 year old to play. :D

SwAMi75 said:
That reminds me.....anyone know where I can get a set of lawn jarts? It's about time to teach the 4 year old to play. :D

I'll bet half the people on this forum never got the extreme pleasure of ever putting a jart through their buddies foot, like I did. :D

Dude said:
I'll bet half the people on this forum never got the extreme pleasure of ever putting a jart through their buddies foot, like I did. :D

Damn! That's the risks you gotta take, though. It keeps their reflexes sharp.

Jarts! I loved playing jarts! When I graduated college a friend of mine brought over her parent's set from their basement. It probably sat down there for 25 years and was used never or used maybe once. Unfortunately the plastic got to be so brittle they lasted only a couple games and had no more fins....at least we got a couples uses out of them. It sucks that a few idiots have to ruin jarts for the rest of us. The people who get a jart in the head.........isn't that just natural selection?

Back