Sam Adams octoberfest Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gravity man

Reaction score
Anyone have a good sam adams octoberfest clone? love the stuff and can only get it for a short time.

Whatever restrictions are built into this forum make it impossible for me to cut & paste a recipe from BeerTools. The SA Oktoberfest is one of the better of their beers IMO and is somewhat darker than the modern German imports. In general my suggestion is to try 70% dark German Munich, 28% Pils and 3% Dextrine malt. Use German noble hops (I prefer Spalt) and keep the IBUs in the low to mid 20s using a 60 and 20 minute addition. For yeast one of the Southern German strains from White Labs or Wyeast are all good. If you are up to it a decoction mash gives a very nice touch to this beer although you can get a very good brew with a single infusion. Watch you fermentation temps as with any lager and give this beer as much lager time as you can stand, 6 to 8 weeks is my norm. :mug:

Not sure why you are having this problem, might have to be a supporting member to attach recipes, but I'm not 100% sure.

I too would love to find a clone for the Sam Adams Oktoberfest. It is a great beer and only released for a couple months in the fall. If anyone has any recipes for it, please let us all know where to get it!

Back