flow control faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizmodog51

Reaction score
Do you have a specific question?

A lot of us have avoided the Perlick flow control faucets because they don't offer a stainless version, at least they didn't at the time I was looking. Unless you're having problems balancing your lines, a standard 525SS will work fine. Do you have problems with continuous foamy pours? How high do you carb the Belgians?

I rack early out of the carboy when one bubble @ minute is showing in the bubblier.
then into a keg add 1/4C beet sugar and seal it up with spunge valve attached. so i guess you can say i pressure ferment the last few days while keg conditioning for about another two weeks. cold crash and tap.
my beers are carbed deep with fine tiny bubbles as if poured with nitrogen.
i was just wondering if the flow rate would help with lower dispence pressure?
so you'll feeling this whole flow control gizmo is just marketing foo, foo?

GD:mug:

I don't think it's just marketing, but I've never personally felt like I've needed it.

It sounds like you don't currently have problems with foamy pours, so you probably wouldn't benefit from the "flow control" feature. What pressure/temperature are the kegs at?

Just FYI, a lot of pro bartenders like the flow control for growler fills. I'm not sure what other uses they have. If you just use a length of tubing to fill your growlers from the tap, it's not necessary and you can save a bit of money. I don't go in for the SS taps myself, but a lot of people feel they're necessary. They're easier to find, at least.

I don't think it's just marketing, but I've never personally felt like I've needed it.

It sounds like you don't currently have problems with foamy pours, so you probably wouldn't benefit from the "flow control" feature. What pressure/temperature are the kegs at?

i dispence at 6-8psig at 50degrees F

this seems to work for me......will post a pic....

i use a single regulator with a vertical flow tube athat has a ball that floats in the tube. flow is adjusted by a knob that is on the inlet valve from which the tube protrudes from. the graduations on the tube show about 6-8 psig. more than that and i get more foam than needed. this is why i was investigating the flow control tap.

yep you are right! never bothered to look at the vertical gauge.

poured one yesterday set the ball at on the mark between 5-10 CFH pours a good glass.

back to the point is a control flow tap useful ?

thanx
GD

I'd focus on getting a proper regulator, maintaining a specific Carb level and balancing your lines first.

Latest posts

Back