Longest 3-5 day shipping EVER!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno_eNVy

Reaction score
I got some more pieces for Christmas to finally move to an SP-10 high pressure burner. The only thing missing was the four foot long 20psi propane hose... I wasn't going to buy the Lowes or HD ones that are only 20in long, that seems way too close for that big of a flame.

So I order this guy on December 30th with 3-5 day shipping:
41D3R3BBTML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I even ordered it before 5pm. But now, four days later, there isn't even shipping confirmation.

I'm fully aware that the 31st was a holiday as well as the 2nd (for some reason) but jeez, this is killing me. I have the burner, kettle, garden-hose attachment for my IC, auto-siphon, full propane tank, and even the ingredients for the recipe I put together for the new rig (CDA with 1# of hops)... but no hose. I want to use my new Christmas toys already!

Or I'd at least like shipping confirmation so I know when to begin my starter.

/rant

Now imagine being the middle man explaining to a customer why their stand isn't ready to ship.

What holiday was Dec. 31? Everything was open around me (including the post office). The only day it was closed was Monday.

I'm sure you'll have it in 3-5 days after it's shipped, but I bet it wasn't shipped until today.

Well, considering that probably means it SHIPS in 3-5 days. Then it's still in the timeframe. You cannot count Saturday, Sunday or even Monday (this week). And if it was going to be shipped via FedEx. You can count Mondays out all of the time.

Now imagine being the middle man explaining to a customer why their stand isn't ready to ship.
True... but putting a package in a box and getting it going is different than welding a huge stand. I'd expect (and be willing) to wait a couple of weeks for something like that.

What holiday was Dec. 31? Everything was open around me (including the post office). The only day it was closed was Monday.

I'm sure you'll have it in 3-5 days after it's shipped, but I bet it wasn't shipped until today.
Hmm, odd. There a bunch of stores closed here on the 31st. And it may still get shipped today, I just know that amazon is good about sending out shipping confirmation as soon as it's actually shipped.

Well, considering that probably means it SHIPS in 3-5 days. Then it's still in the timeframe. You cannot count Saturday, Sunday or even Monday (this week). And if it was going to be shipped via FedEx. You can count Mondays out all of the time.
Nah, shipping times on amazon indicate how long it'll take AFTER being shipped.

I'm not really too worried about it, I know it will come... I'm just venting my frustration in not being able to brew. I have an excellent LHBS for almost everything so I'm not used to planning brew days around parcel services.

Woooow.... so for a day and a half now the tracking said "Origin Scan" which means it's been just sitting in one place for that long. This morning (5 business days later) I finally get a shipping confirmation email from amazon saying it's on it's way... and it'll be here in 4-6 days....

This is complete crap...

True about a stand, however I was referring to individual items.
Example: I ordered a kettle to modify for a custom order 2 weeks ago and I received an email on Tuesday stating it was ready for shipping. No word since.
Can't wait until we can order this stuff in bulk...

Gotta wait forever on shipping, or get bent over at the LHBS. I have picked up almost everything at the LHBS just to support them. Even though their **** is way overpriced, it is grossly convenient.

Yeah I'm sure it's common for this kind of equipment....

I'm just frustrated because it's a tiny package (that's not what she said :D).... I recently sent off six bottles to a competition, total weight of 9.6lbs. Shipped it same day as I entered the beers at it will arrive exactly when I said it would, using the same United Parcel Service.

The amazon seller is a bigger company (Ace Hardware) so it's not like they don't have the resources for prompt service.... I think I would have been better off getting it through a small business....

Gotta wait forever on shipping, or get bent over at the LHBS. I have picked up almost everything at the LHBS just to support them. Even though their **** is way overpriced, it is grossly convenient.

Ya know, it's weird.... my LHBS is amazing, prices are acceptable-to-decent, you can get all kinds of equipment there.... but no propane hose, high-pressure or otherwise. :confused:

People never understand shipping days. 3-5 days means 3-5 BUSINESS days, and it does not count the day it was ordered. so you ordered friday 12/30. the first business day was 1/3/2012 as 1/2 was the official holiday for new years eve. Your OP was on 1/3, which was the first business day after ordering

I'm fully aware that it's business days. See my previous post:

.... This morning (5 business days later)....

I ordered it before 5pm on 12/30 and for amazon that means the day you order counts as a business day... at least that's how it was for other orders I've done on amazon. Also, 12/31 was a business day for shipping. So by that reasoning it is 5 business days... but that's how long it took them to even put it on a truck, and that's not what amazon means by "3-5 day shipping." From this morning it's supposed to take 3-5 business days but now they're saying longer.

And this thread was just to vent.... not for you to educate us "people" that "never understand." ;)

next time check out a RV and camping center they have these hoses in stock in all lengths. Pretty reasonable prices to boot

next time check out a RV and camping center they have these hoses in stock in all lengths. Pretty reasonable prices to boot
Oh nice, thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep that in mind as I expand or need a replacement.

O.K. let's talk about pronounciation of nevadeah then....
There's nothing to talk about. It's Ne-VA-da, A as in "apple." If you say it any other way you're wrong.

tumblr_lwnrgqfx021qbity5.jpg

With 20psi regulator, ball valve control, and the right HP flare fitting? Because that fitting doesn't seem to exist except from bayou classic themselves :D

Its my understanding that 5 day shipping doesn't include processing time. You can figure on a few days for that. Yes Ace gets your order from Amazon, puts it on a pick list and some schmuck (sorry to anyone reading this if you are that schmuck, I am not even a schmuck just a peon) grabs it along with 89 other order items, another schmuck (see above) boxes and labels and then UPS is summoned. OK they come every day but its the next day after boxing/labelling.

Bottom line, I feel your pain. I ordered some stuff on Dec 22 and after inquiring, found that one item was back ordered till this week. I asked for them to ship the rest and I'd pay for the extra shipping, got no reply. Got home today and the in-stock items are on my desk, Hallelujah. You will feel like its Christmas when your hose gets there.

In the meantime, get the short cheap-a$$ hose if you want to brew.

Signed, Lennie from Missouri. Pronounced Mizz-oor-ee. Not uh, thats only the hillbillies south of I70 (sorry to any hillbillies...NOT).

With 20psi regulator, ball valve control, and the right HP flare fitting? Because that fitting doesn't seem to exist except from bayou classic themselves :D

The fitting in the photo is a standard 3/8" 45 degree swivel flare fitting. Same thing we use on all our hose ends for burners.
We usually don't do the regulators but we can. The hose we use is 1/4" 350 PSI CGA rubber.

Is that the LHBS with initials of HG? They have decent prices online.

Latest posts

Back