• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Beer Engine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chromados

Reaction score
I was talking with SWMBO this weekend about christmas presents and she agreed that I needed a Beer Engine to serve my cask ales because gravity dispensing is just not good enough:mug:.

I was wondering if anyone around here had one laying around or knew a good place to get one. I have looked at the normal places like UK brewing but was not looking to spend that much. Let me know if you have any leads.

Thanks
Chromados

there was an article not to long ago (2 issues or so) in brew your own that said how to build one. I am no Bob Vila, but it didn't look that hard. I'd love to have one also, trying to figure out how to keep one at the correct temp is my challege since my beer stuff is in the garage.

I got mine off ebay-UK, I think the total price was 200. 80 for the engine and 120 for shipping. It was used and I had to rebuild it, but luckily the manufacture was still around an willing to send me some replacement gaskets for free. The hard part about this rout is finding some one willing to ship from the UK, there are a ton of engines for sale there for cheep.

Did you check out Northern Brewer? they are selling cask equipment. they have a pullman pump new for 450...

Thanks guys, but I have wanted a traditional beer engine and not the RV one even though I have looked at it a while back.

Bsquared, I have been looking at UKeBay as well and there are tons of them there but it looks like shipping to the states now is closer to 200 and for that price with the engine I could get a refurbished one from UK brewing in the states.

Chromados

Yep, that might be your best bet. My in-laws got it for me as a present, it took a long time to get here. It went from UK to US and back to the UK then back to the US be cause of a customs form was filled out wrong...and then I had to re-build it my self.

good luck

Do you need both? My wife just got me a pin for christmas and I'm on the search for an engine too. I'd gladly buy the second off you if you only need one. I could even go as far as buying both getting cheaper initial shipping cost/ pick them up, then ship your's to you.

Do you need both? My wife just got me a pin for christmas and I'm on the search for an engine too. I'd gladly buy the second off you if you only need one. I could even go as far as buying both getting cheaper initial shipping cost/ pick them up, then ship your's to you.

I would be interested in that as I am only looking for 1. For some reason they will not allow me to post on the ProBrewer. I will keep trying to post and ask for some pictures.

Are you on those forums? If so I would gladly work with you to get both of them and we can split them. Let me know what you think.

Chromados

I am awaiting registration also. So until a moderator approves me/you we're in line behind this other guy. I could call the brewer I know that is registered and ask him to PM them I guess.

I am awaiting registration also. So until a moderator approves me/you we're in line behind this other guy. I could call the brewer I know that is registered and ask him to PM them I guess.

Bummer, I will keep trying to post to the site and will let you know if I get through. I will let you know if I get through and/or hear anything about them.

Chromados

Selingsgrove is like one hour to 1.5hrs from me. The only issue is I won't be home until after the 30th. So we might get lucky if they're not really willing to ship with a semi-local buyer. I don't have the dough to go up on friday and buy the two of them this week. I'd have to wait till after Christmas until the coffers get refilled.

Selingsgrove is like one hour to 1.5hrs from me. The only issue is I won't be home until after the 30th. So we might get lucky if they're not really willing to ship with a semi-local buyer. I don't have the dough to go up on friday and buy the two of them this week. I'd have to wait till after Christmas until the coffers get refilled.

If they are willing to sell them to you, and you would ship one out to me I would gladly send you the amount through paypal needed to get 1 and have it shipped out to Colorado. If you are willing let me know because I am more than interested.

Chromados

Is it safe to assume these guys are selling it? My cousin (who is just outside Hershey) talks about this place all the time, so it sprang to mind when I saw the location.

Page Title

Not to butt my nose in, but couldn't you give them a call and ask if they are the ones listing the hand pumps?

Well it is not looking too good for us. Other post have popped up and there hasnt been any replies. I will keep trying until we get a No.

Chromados

Chromados, sorry I disappeared. Work engulfed me. I have an engine I will part with. I was hoping to get some equipment for it but I am willing to take cash if you want it. PM me and we can talk. I live in Broomfield.

Back