Tower of Power

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malt_man

Reaction score
Love the idea of getting one of these. I'm curious how big of a system these can handle, for example, a 1 or even 3 bbl commercial micro system? Assuming appropriate burner size for the bigger vessels, and the pumps can handle the bigger flow volume, am I missing any limiting factor ?

Cheers.

I just bought one of these today and finished putting it together. For the mash the sensor is in the stand so as long as you can keep it flowing over the sensor I don't think it would not be able to handle.

Heres a reply i got from the fine folks at northern brewer.

Just getting back to you regarding your phone question yesterday.
There should be no problems using the Top Tier controllers with a larger system, like yours. One controller for the mash tun and a second if you wanted to control your hot liquor tank.
The pump tower may be useful as well, if don't have other re-circulation plumbing for your stand. That uses a March 815 Pump and 1/2 inch tubing so the flow may be a little slower than what your 3 barrel system could tolerate.

Back