Help with bottle caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quizno

Reaction score
I have always used kits that have caps. so I took a stab at my own beer and got caps at my local brew store. And they dont fit my bottles. Im using corona and my guy tells me thy are a different size. the caps I got from the kits worked. can anyone tell me where I can get some that fit or where I can get true brew caps?

thanks Quizno

They probably weren't the standard size caps that work on most bottles we get over here. I'd take'em back with one of the bottles. He may've had some off size caps he wanted to get rid of.?

AFAIK there are two different sizes of caps. 26 and 29. most bottles are 26's and champagne and some 750's are 29. Is the bag for your caps labeled?

B

That's the off size I was referring to. Couldn't remember the #'s. Some foreign beer bottles use those as well,but not many. I'd also invest the extra buck & get o2 barrier caps. They basically give the beer more time to improve before degrading. I get about an extra 3 weeks out of them.

My Red Baron hangs up a little on the Sapporo bottles. Cool bottles that still seal well,though. I think it has to do with the shape of the bottle's lip as well.

If you do have the 29mm caps, I need some 29mm and have plenty of the standard caps, let me know and we can do a swap

Back