Home Bee Extermination 101

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rockin:

That is friggen AWESOME. I was going to call them idiots at 1st but seemed to end in their favor. I get them swarming out here in spring/summer as well. One key difference though; they're KILLER BEES. I have a different tactic;

Get some wasp spray
get into car & drive near bees.
Crack window
Spray them for a couple seconds.
close window while they get REALLY PISSED
Repeat until they go to neighbors yard.

Or shoot at them with a pellet gun from house window until they go to neighbors yard if I can't drive near them. They killed a horse last year out here :eek:.

I have an in-law whose father is a bee-keeper. He comes in handy. Seems to know exactly how to handle infestations without getting stung.

desertBrew said:
:rockin:

That is friggen AWESOME. I was going to call them idiots at 1st but seemed to end in their favor.
I'm still going to call them idiots. That was real swift @#$%^%$ up the kids swing set. And then tossing cans of flammable liquids onto the fire? How many times has that back fired on someone and they end up getting burnt?
Oh well. Good entertainment for us at the expense of their kids swing set. Too bad they didn't have video.

CLANG! We have bees in freefall! Did I mention he is severely allergic to bees?

Nice. My brother nearly died from a bee-sting last year (found out the hard way that he has developed a SEVERE allergy). Real ****in' brilliant. Honestly, if this guy DID get stung and killed, good friggin' riddance. We can use fewer brain-dead morons in the gene pool.

Idiot.

2nd Street Brewery said:
You are one hell of a shot to hit a bee with a pellet gun dude. Ex-sniper?

It takes a hell of a lot of shots into the center. Somewhere inside there is the queen Beotch. They seem to get a bit frustrated with things flying through the big-old pile near her. A chunk of them falls off; fly back and re-attach. Basically trying to piss them off so they go elsewhere. I'd love to blast em with a shotgun but that'd be frowned upon by the neighbors.

Better than the $100+ fee to call someone in to take em away.

Too many safeguards in place to protect the stupid people and this is what we get resulting from the now screwed up gene pool!

Funny though. :)

I love it when people who have kids boldly say that they're not interested in spending some money on dangerous pest removal.

I love it when people that have kids with asthma (or without asthma, for that matter) say, "I'll do anything for my baby." with a cigarette hanging out of their mouth.

evanmars said:
I love it when people that have kids with asthma (or without asthma, for that matter) say, "I'll do anything for my baby." with a cigarette hanging out of their mouth.

That reminds me of this classic. It's been researched and found to be authentic at snopes.com:

*Notice what's in her hand!*
smokinglady.jpg

evanmars said:

I love how when people who grew up without bike helemts, probably slept on the floor or in the back window of the car on long trips, had lead paint and asbestos in their house, played football with out pads when they were kids . . . in the street, blew stuff up every 4th of July (and when ever else they could get thier hands on some fireworks), and whose mother probably smoke and or drank while she was pregnant grew up fine with the exception of being safety nasis

"If it doesn't kill you it will just make you stronger."

No wonder the world is full of weakness - we have been removing the chance of injury and if the adage above is actually true then we are not getting stronger.

Another good expression I hear a lot over in Tasmania is, "Don't let fear stop you"! Keeps you on your toes - i like that!

FWIW -
I brew in my garage with a turkey fryer.
I don't wear a helmet when I ride my bike, or when rollerblading.
I didn't wear seatbelts until it became a law.
Love the firecrackers and M80's

When my daughter is old enough, she can make those decisions on her own. But as long as I am responsible for her life and well being, I am going to do what I can to keep her alive and healthy.

That being said, I let her play in the rain, climb on rocks, swim after eating...

evanmars said:
FWIW -
I brew in my garage with a turkey fryer.
I don't wear a helmet when I ride my bike, or when rollerblading.
I didn't wear seatbelts until it became a law.
Love the firecrackers and M80's

When my daughter is old enough, she can make those decisions on her own. But as long as I am responsible for her life and well being, I am going to do what I can to keep her alive and healthy.

That being said, I let her play in the rain, climb on rocks, swim after eating...

You rollerblade? LOL

I like the fact that they didn't want to go to the store and buy some wasp/hornet/bee killer spray. Because it's cheaper to use up all your gasoline, kerosene, etc, and destroy your swingset. Sounds like some of my relatives, actually.

Lorena

lorenae said:
I like the fact that they didn't want to go to the store and buy some wasp/hornet/bee killer spray. Because it's cheaper to use up all your gasoline, kerosene, etc, and destroy your swingset. Sounds like some of my relatives, actually.

Lorena

But Lorena . . . .It's inginuity like this that makes the USA the best nation on the face of the earth :rockin:
Think of all the stupid things Americans have done that have turned out to be some of the most important inventions in modern History. The airplane for example . . .

Orvil: I wanna fly
Wilbur: OK well lets take this table cloth, and some 2x4's glue them together and strap you onto those wheels for the bike, then put ya on a catapult and throw your ass down the beach . . .
Orvil: OK . . .

Pumbaa said:
Orvil: I wanna fly
Wilbur: OK well lets take this table cloth, and some 2x4's glue them together and strap you onto those wheels for the bike, then put ya on a catapult and throw your ass down the beach . . .
Orvil: OK . . .hold my beer.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

I'm reading the comedy goldmine and can't stop laughing. I'm sure glad they put down that cardboard under the firepit to keep the yard from being incinerated. *eyeroll*

"CLANG! We have bees in freefall! Did I mention he is severely allergic to bees?" Talk about playing with DEATH.

eviltwinofjoni said:
I'm reading the comedy goldmine and can't stop laughing. I'm sure glad they put down that cardboard under the firepit to keep the yard from being incinerated. *eyeroll*

"CLANG! We have bees in freefall! Did I mention he is severely allergic to bees?" Talk about playing with DEATH.

The part that really made me laugh is that the cardboard they put the fireplace on is one of the kid's science fair projects!:D

Saw this in the news:

CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A man who tried to keep bees off his property accidentally set fire to his house instead, causing at least $500 damage.
Franklyn Pigott Jr. set his home ablaze Wednesday while attempting to destroy a nest of bees that had formed outside the home, the Fort Myers News-Press reported Thursday.
When Pigott, 38, mixed a product called Real Kill Indoor Fogger with WD-40, it became a "flame-thrower" and melted the home's vinyl siding, according to a police incident report. :rockin:

Back